• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wheelhouse Onboard Charger - Charging Vex Battery?

gvt

Would it work to run a set of wires from the deep cycle batteries to a Vex battery when the onboard charger is plugged in? Would this work to charge and maintain the Vex battery for extended periods? I was thinking of making a set of light duty (maybe 12 ga.) jumper cables with small alligator clips. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ub...tio#Post1446625

I would think it would work, But I guess if I was going to do something like that I would just buy a cheap converter and plug my vex charger in to that. I plug mine in to my wall in my fishhouse all the time and am able to get a charge and use it at the same time if that was a consern.

If you have a 110v outlet in your wheelhouse you could plug your vex charger into it and charge the battery while it is plugged in. I think an onboard charger would charge at too many amps for a vex battery. A 110v outlet would be easy to install if you don't have one.

I was hoping to just jump from the deep cycle to the Vex battery, not a direct-dedicated connection to the charger. My thought was that the 13.8V float mode would maintain the Vex battery between fishing trips. I don't like to leave the Vex charger plugged in for more that 8hrs or so to prevent overcharging.

I'm still undecided on an inverter. I don't think I'll need 110V. All of the lights are 12V led and I won't be putting a tv in the house. Thanks for the input.