• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Serious Time Guys - No Crowing - No Jokes

Windy City

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Windy,

I am so sorry and I will be saying prayers for you and your family. I feel for you......we've had some recent scares lately that turned out to be okay. I said a lot of prayers.

Are they at Children's Memorial?

I'm sure you have a lot of support around you, but if there's anything you need, let me know. We'd be happy to drop off a dinner or two if you're drained and not feeling like cooking.

Sox seem so unimportant at times like these.

Thanks to all who have replied. No changes so far. Will know more tomorrow. And Commanche, they are at Rush. It was between Childrens and Rush, pretty much a coin toss. The surgeons work out of both and consult for both hospitals.

Windy

I had to leave the office to compose myself. This brought back a flood of memories. My brother and his wife had a little boy whose plumbing to the heart was backwards. They airlifted him to Fargo from Whapeton and then jetted him to Mpls. He is now in kindergarden and doing well enough that he doesn't have to go to most of the scheduled appts. They can do miracles with these things. hopefully, in God's will, you will have a healthy grandchild. Bless you in this jouney.

thats a drag hope everything goes good I know your a sox fan so things have been going your way as of late. I donate plasma so if she uses any It could be mine.

best wishes

Here's the Update on my grand daughter. Her first open heart surgery is now scheduled for Tuesday morning. She has both of her blood supplies that usually go to both parts of the heart only going into one ventricle. She will basically have a one chamber heart instead of the usual two. We will know more after the surgery as to her next step.

Thanks for all the words of encouragement you all have sent, they do mean a lot to me!

Windy

My prayers are with you and your grand-daughter, Windy.

That sounds so insignificant, but there's not much else a person can say. I always wish there was more everyone could do for folks in situations like this, but prayer and encouragement are about as good as it gets. So stay strong for your family and know that everyone here on the board is thinking about you and yours.

Well guys, my White Sox may not have won but my grand daughter sure did! First surgery was yesterday, about 3 hours, and they were able to do everything they wanted to do for the first one. We got to see her last night and she looked as good as a baby could for just getting out of such a serious surgery. They say that she will be in recovery mode for about 10 days and may be able to come home in about 2 weeks. Her second surgery will be at 4 months. We have guarded optimism right now. Thanks again for all the thoughts, prayers and good mojo! Abbi sure appreciated it!

Windy