• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Serious Time Guys - No Crowing - No Jokes

Windy City

Guys,

Last Monday my son and his wife gave birth to their third child, a daughter to their two sons. Within and hour of a normal full term delivery our grand daughter was diagnosed with a rare and often fatal heart condition. She was transferred to the best hospital in Chicago within hours and that is where my wife and I have been nearly round the clock. She is scheduled to have her first open heart surgery this Friday and has about a 70% chance of survival. If that is a success, she has to have another at 4 months of age and another at 2 years of age with more complications. Needless to say, I have not seen any baseball in the past week, until last night and I was very happy the Sox won. It was a great game, fought hard by both teams. I am hoping to get back in the swing of things, trading barbs and good laughs with you guys but not just right now. I will update you and let you know how things turn out Friday. I did get a chance to read all your posts and felt like I had to take a quick minute to respond to some of you who sounded like you were actually concerned about me, thank you for that. I can take the jabs and they did give me a chuckle to read after being out of the loop for a week. The NICU that she is in has no TV and I have gotten all my info from the paper and radio, and from you guys as well.

Twins played great this year and we both surprised everybody. Cheer for the Sox if you want or cheer agains them but do the old wind bag a favor and say a little prayer for a little girl in Chicago who can use a little good luck to a rough start!

Thanks Guys,

Windy

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Windy,

Hope everything turns out and I am really sorry to hear about what you have been going through the past week I dont wish anything like that on anyone. Good luck buddy my prayers are with you and your family....

You are right that some people did express concern onboard here. I had put out a little jab at you Windy but deep down I suspected something was amiss.

I often wonder why bad things have to happen to good people?

It's a strange life we lead, and precious moments spent with loved ones mean more than anything else in lending credence to the fact that we all have meaning in this lifetime.

May the Angels on high watch over your loved ones during this ordeal. God bless.

Prayers to you, your family, and escpecially your grand daughter. Hope to hear good news soon.

FYI, My niece was also born with a heart defect that now at 6 yrs, has had three surgeries and a whole lot of uneasy moments. If your son or yourself would like to talk to a parent that has gone through a similar ordeal E-mail me at bmdezurik at clearwire dot com and I will give you my sisters contact info. She would be more than willing to help.

God Bless

Sad news to hear.......Hope everything goes well......I will be thinking of you, your family and most of all your grand daughter!! Keep us updated on her progress.

times like this ,,, brings sports into retrospect.

Windy ,, my prayers are with you,,, and for what's it's worth...

I put one in for you too THE MAN in charge for the little girl in Chicago.

Put it on the board,,, for the little girl in Chi-town.

May God bless your family!!