• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need siding help for fish house! Don't know what to do.

jpaulson

I am having trouble making a decision on what kind of siding to look into for my perm. Vinyl vs. aluminum vs. steel vs. whatever else I don't know what to do! I want durability, lighter weight, and reasonable pricing. What do you guys suggest doing and where to look?

My last house I paneled the in side then spray foamed then vinyl sided the outside light but no strength this one im building now not spray foaming just cutting to fit glued pine boxcar siding inside 5/8 barn tin run horizontialy outside way cheaper than flat steel would show picture but to dumb.

Go with pole barn or "roofing tin" you can purchase at most home improvement stores or lumber yards. One thing we do on the skid houses is run 16-24 inches of pressure treated wood or flat tin on the bottom to help prevent wicking of moisture and making it easy to break out of the snow.

Like this

img0224wt1.jpg

No we just use the three point and those little wheels to bring them across land for summer storage. On skids we move them around with pick-ups pretty easy.

As for the greeen we need our tractors to stay above ground as much as possible. Green ones are just exspensive soil submarines. wink

AND . . . Jonny knows a thing or two about taking tractors below ground level.

Since he has dubbed Buddy the submarine commander, I propose the we bestow upon him the title of something along the lines of a Subterranean Commander (or maybe The Mole).