• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008 King of the Cats Final Results

DTro

I would like to personally thank each and every one of you for your eager participation. Without all of you, this contest wouldn’t have been much of a success.

The contest was basically a tale of two seasons. If you didn’t get a lot of time in this spring or even took a few days off during the hot bite (blatent shot at WWG grin) you found yourself looking up at some very impressive numbers to catch.

A lot of big fish were caught this year with respectable numbers for each species and Steve D proved you don’t need to fish the Red River to catch big Channels.

I’m already looking forward to next year. I think the format change from 2007 was a good one and if anyone has some ideas to make this even more fun next year, feel free to send me a note (email in signature).

Thanks again everyone and congratulations to the 2008 King of the Cats!

Chris Hanson (Hanson)

Darren Troseth (DTro)

Eddie Church (ec30_06)

Larry Haugh (LFC)

Ray Welle

Rusty Miller (wiskers)

Steve DeMars (SteveD)

Zebual Beck (RiverRunnerZ)

For the winners, be sure to add the following line to your signature 2008 King of the Cats Champion

Here are the final Standings

Thanks again everyone and congratulations to the 2008 King of the Cats!

Chris Hanson (Hanson)

Darren Troseth (DTro)

Eddie Church (ec30_06)

Larry Haugh (LFC)

Ray Welle

Rusty Miller (wiskers)

Steve DeMars (SteveD)

Zebual Beck (RiverRunnerZ)

So guys in the "Green" are all Champions? Can I add the signature line?

Yes, top five in each category are all the champions.

Sweet!! Congrats to the champs!!

Breaking into the top 5 is quite the accomplishment.

My top 3 fish of the summer were 47lbs, 42lbs, 38lbs and that was my best summer I've ever had on the river.

Hard to imagine a guy had to catch 2 over 50lbs to get to the very top of the list!

Congrates guys!

It is over grin.

I think I should go flat head fishing now grin

Just a skunky year for me. I seen the light about 4 weeks ago and figured why beet a dead horse grin and waste money.

Next year for sure though.

Thanks Darren, Brian and others for setting this up and tracking it.

I seen the light about 4 weeks ago and figured why beet a dead horse grin and waste money.

perseverance Shack....perseverance

I've said to myself several times that I was done Sturgeon fishing the Croix for the same reason (1.5hr each way). Started the season 0/4 and was ready to give up.

Well last night I caught a Croix PB.

Keep on keepin on wink

Darren/Dtro and Brian/Aanderude,

A tip of the Hat and a big THANKS to both of you for managing this contest this season, You guys has your work cut out for you with all the entries submitted especially early on.

Looking forward to next year.

To all that participated, Congratulations!

Well it was a great adventure and I had a ton of fun competing with you all. At least I stuck up there with Dtro. lol...

The flatties were very odd this summer over here. Mid summer they went in a flurry and then shut off almost all together. We have not gotten a big flatty since then. River levels have plummited to a trickel. Even the jet boat is tough getting around with all the sand bars, there is only so much you can go through.

Congrats to all and can't wait to get started next summer. Now for the fall Walleyes.

I did catch my first shovel nose sturgeon this summer also..that was a cool suprise.

Hanson, we never got to stir up any river water together.. sigh..

Congrats to all the winners, and a big thank you to Darren and Brian for running this thing! Hopefully next year I can manage to hang around those top ten spots a little while longer. Did a lot of fishing earlier this year prior to the surgery, and learned alot getting to tag along with John and Chris. Thanks to both of you!

Yes, Darren and Brian did a fantastic job running this for all of us. It's a big task and they were very good to work with. Its guys like them that make all the fun for us.

Next season, we will need to catch a few larger ones to catch Darren but he will probably bag a couple 60's.

Thanks to everyone who I was priveledged to fish with this year. I was in the running but never got that kicker fish to get me in the green.

I saw a couple big ones caught......and had more than a dozen fish in the mid to high 30's.....

but the big girls were elusive for me. I would say conservatively that 80 to 100 flats were boated by me or others in my boat this year including a couple of 10 fish nights......than add in the ones when I was in somebody elses boat...and the numbers start really adding up........there should have been one tanker in there for me somewhere.....

50 or 60 outings targeting cats this year. I think DTRO has me beat for time on the water this year....but I think next year is my year for a couple monsters.

I got around 10 sheephead on bullheads this year which was something different......one went 18 pounds. I know Aanderud got a sheephead using two bullheads on the same hook.....Not sure I have seen them guys be as aggressive as they were this year. So I claim myself King of the Sheephead for 2008.

......and I am ready for May already!!!!