• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who do you want for the next Vikings coach?

koonie

Chilly has got to go. Never seen a coach do less with more. He is way out of his depth. The team was not prepared in any way, shape, or form on Sunday. He has no clue how to make a gameplan, much less how to use AP. Chilly has us on a collision course with a top five pick in the draft.

So... Who would you like to see as the new Vikings coach.

My dream coach would be Cowher but it doesn't sound like he is interested in coaching again. I think we need a really intense coach like him. Someone with cojones.

I'd also be down with Parcells even though I think he's an arrogant jerk.

Not a big fan of Billick but he might be our best available option.

What does everyone think? Your choice would be?

I personally dont care who they replace him with...BUT frankly if he was the slightest bit entertaining to listen to at the press conferences he might be seen as more exciting. I just hope our next coach is like one of these guys. grin

Go Eagles..."E -A -G -L - E -S ...unhuhghuhgh" thats my best Mike Tice impersonation...bring the guy back.

Unfortunately, I think we are stuck with Mr. Noodle thru the end of the year. Anything worse than 10-6, I think he's gone.

. In some ways, I hate to say it, but in some ways I wish we would go 8-8 or worse to get rid of this completely overwhelmed, completely underqualified goof.

Dennis Green, hate on him all you want, but players fought for him and he could fire em up. (remember also no matter how bad everyone hated him we were a playoff team during the tenure)

Bill Cowher-only wants to coach on East Coast ($$$ zygi's got it and it talks)

Jason Garret-not coming here, he makes as much as an OC as most head coaches

Gregg Williams-may be a little ticked off since he was supposed to be HC

Steve Spagnuolo-Giants D Coordinator is next big coaching name

Leslie Frasier anyone? Or do you think he is tainted by chilly

I don't think the play calling would change/improve much unless Frazier came with a new highly touted offensive coordinator.

I'm not ready for Marty-ball. Why would we want him? He can't win the big one either.

Marty can't win the big ones the reason you don't want him here? You gotta be kidding me. Ever heard of someone in the HOF named Bud Grant?? He couldn't either, but I probably don't have to remind you of that- we all know that. Heres some Marty turnaround numbers:

-------------------------------------------------------------

In his 4½ years in Cleveland, the Browns went 44-27 (.620).

The 4½ years before he became head coach, the Browns were 30-35 (.462).

The five years after he left, the Browns were 34-45-1 (.431).

In his 10 years with Kansas City, the Chiefs went 101-58 (.692).

The five years before he became head coach, the Chiefs were 32-46-1 (.410).

The five years after he left, the Chiefs were 43-38 (.531).

Oh yeah, 14-2 his last season in San Diego. Then he was fired. Why? He couldn't win in the play-offs. Guess who they played that beat them- the New England Patriots. He got the shaft in San Diego, and is an excellent coach and by far the best option out there.

Marty can't win the big ones the reason you don't want him here? You gotta be kidding me.

Nope, I wasn't kidding.

Marty is an awesome regular season coach, no doubt.

Get him here first. We'll worry about the big games later. Sounds good to me, till we actually get to the point where he's choking away the big games.

I guess I could go either way with this one. He would definitely help us get to the playoffs, but I'd have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach before every big game with Marty steering the ship.

How about Pete Carroll? He was an NFL head coach for one season so he would know what he is getting into going from college to the pros. He also runs a big time program and has to deal with the press on a daily basis.

How about Pete Carroll? He was an NFL head coach for one season so he would know what he is getting into going from college to the pros. He also runs a big time program and has to deal with the press on a daily basis.

No way Carroll is leaving USC and don't blame him...

Cowher is the one, and we might get him, I thought I remembered him saying he just wanted a break and would consider coaching again

What else does Pete Carroll need to accomplish at USC? He has National Titles, a lot of money, etc. and he has no where else to go but down from where he is now. He could probably make the same amount of money in the pros and have something to accomplish (turn around a program that he used to coach when he was young). It would make sense to at least talk to him. You never know, just like landing Tubby Smith for the Gophers.

Cowher would be a great choice. He demands respect but still seems well liked and is a players coach. And our current Vikes are a team that resemble some of his old teams - strong running game, emphasis on defense...