• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Welcome Heckler Custom Tackle as Pike Board sponsor!

Don is our newest sponsor of the Northern Pike forum. Check out the Heckler Tackle HSOforum for that lure that may catch the fish of your dreams. These are impressive baits for all Esox!

If you cannot find that lure you're looking for, give Don a call.

Heckler Custom Tackle,

Don Rothmeier

Maplewood, MN

www.hctackle.com

[email protected]

651-206-3549

hey rod. i think the residents of that lake have all the weeds killed off still, am i correct? that's a very green dingy lake. i suggest a lure in the ''extreme contrast'' catagory. white/black, fl.red/white, brown/fl.yellow, fl.orange/black. fl.red/fl.yellow fl.orange/fl.red with black... multi colored firesnake or any precedeing combo in firesnake... that type. with more bright than dark, or more dark than bright..

Quote:
Mouse color for sure. What would be your 2nd choice

he was right about red lakes reeds. of course, cool he's Johnny P!! what kind of fish? pike i'd go to a little smaller version of the fat tail ''Ride''. firesnake in multi color throughout with a solid black top. or a medium ''Taunt'' in the same except no black back just firesnake all around with a silver blade on either. muskie, same i guess but bigger is cool too. mabe the super taunt. not shown on the site yet is the ''Megataunt''. in the works right as we speak. giant body. not for the cheaper rods. wait a minute... what do you care your the, '' cool ''RODMAKER''

kind of. but not exactly. i make them as they are ordered because they are customs. no sense making one to sit around if i don't know if what they want or when, lol. i sent an email, call me we can talk. i have other options.

thanks, nice meeting you also. hope that multi-colored Firesnake works for you. your ride is going to be painted in a few minutes, i'll send a pic or two when i can. customers seem to like to see it in stages so i figure why not. but... when it's done you get no pics. anticipation can be good. grin good luck this weekend!!

I posted this info in the Sponsors Forum, but thought I'd put it in here too. Nice to hear something positive about someone once in a while...

FYI to all- I had Don make me a muskie lure a while ago. Not only was the end-product phenomenal, but his quality of service was top notch. This was before he was a sponsor on this HSOforum, so it wasn't that he had some hidden agenda for doing a bang up job with me either. I was really impressed with the lure and the job he did while working with me. I recommend him highly and I would have done so regardless of whether he was a sponsor here or not.

thanks scoot blush

i'm happy you like the lure. it was fun working with you and making something out of the ordinary, maybe thats why you were happy... it showed.... anyway, i hope you get more than just that one muskie with it... and bigger. grin good luck

looking forward to it!! this ones got something special i know those fish have never seen before. can you say vibration? holy smokes. pulls the handle right outta your hand almost when it gets close. yeah... i had to test it... sorry. grin