• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fishing upper iowa

a group of 4 of us were going to try and float and fish part of the upper iowa river this weekend..... i think we are going to camp at chimney rock park....

so i guess i was wondering if anyone here has any insight as to good sections of the river to float and fish-- we'll have gear for bass, walleye, and trout if we approach any tributaries with trout in them..... also, any tactics that work well-- i know we'll have some jigs with twister tails and some fly fishing gear.....

thanks so much in advance

Our group floated the Upper Iowa between Decorah and Highlandville in late August and caught walleyes, sauger, smallmouth bass, rock bass, and rainbow trout. There definitely is a mixed bag of fish to be caught on the Upper Iowa River. Fish the deeper slack water below the riffles and bends in the river. We had best luck on small spinners and jigs.