• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Check this out.

b1gf1sh1

I seen this stupid big thing before. My guess is it must feel like you are dragging in a drift sock when reeling it in. I wonder how heavy the shaft weight is to allow this one to work properly? 5 oz.? I also wonder how heavy the entire lure is? 8-9 oz.?

Next thing you know, someone will be punching a hole in a garbage can lid, running a clevis the size of a horseshoe through the hole and running the entire thing on a 6' long piece of rebar. Bucktail? Heck... just tie the entire dead deer on the end and sharpen a ship anchor for a hook. To heck with the 70" muskie, go get the 12 footer that attacks canoes in the BWCA...

Quote:
I call that one big thumper. Slow roll the thump.

yeah... slow, lol. i made the first one with 2 blades but it wasn't exactly fishable. possible but i need to expieriment and tweak it. too much blade sticking and fouling. i'll figure it out.... i hope. one blade works better, still a little off i think but it's close. probly about 80% efficiency. gonna be out tomorrow checking and tweaking again. as far as weight? not really that heavy. the blade is not that thick and it's stainless steel not brass so it's lighter. i'll let everybody know how it goes tomorrow. maybe ''georgette'' will be home.

Quote:
I threw one of those, it's weird. The squared off double blades pull harder and will take your arm off....

these blades are rounded ...?... awhile back, maybe 6 years now, i took a huge dare develle and used it for a blade, lol. now that ones an arm breaker. had to make a triple ballbearing swivel leader. but guess what. it's gotten three fish. every once in a while i still use it. this blade is almost that big but easier to handle. i just hope i get it perfect tomorrow. november is right around the corner and i don't want to miss it.

Quote:
I threw one of those, it's weird. The squared off double blades pull harder and will take your arm off....

these blades are rounded ...?...

Really, I hadn't noticed...</end sarcasm> laugh

You know they are making bucktails with squared off blades? They thump like you would never imagine. Thorne has 'em. Two of those blades that are about 3 inches long and 1.5 inches wide is ridiculous, a whole new noise. I think they pull harder than the #20 single I threw for a piece, that's all i was saying.

lol, never used that yet. ''sounds'' intrigueing.are you saying squared off like the cow bell strings used in downrigging? really thin at the top the getting wider toward the bottom. or 3''s long and completely .. i guess rectangular?

lol. i got a few strings of 6'' cow bells lmbo. grin now that would call 'em.

lol, never used that yet. ''sounds'' intrigueing.are you saying squared off like the cow bell strings used in downrigging? really thin at the top the getting wider toward the bottom. or 3''s long and completely .. i guess rectangular?

lol. i got a few strings of 6'' cow bells lmbo. grin now that would call 'em.

3 inches long, like a rectangle but the ends up by the clevis are rounded. The ends farthest from the clevis are square. It's different, that's for sure.

Quote:
3 inches long, like a rectangle but the ends up by the clevis are rounded. The ends farthest from the clevis are square. It's different, that's for sure.

sounds like a car door shim. it's new. but i'm not convinced. i'll stick with the old stuff for now. smile thanks

lol, kingfisher. true theres a limit. but this really aint it. i just started fishing with it and no fish yet, but i did get a couple looks today. the blade is smaller than the big develles. pulling slow it seems to come in pretty easy, well, manageable anyway. sure does ''fahlumppp'' though. novembers not that far away. thats when i figure it'll work best. adding a little bigger keel weight to it tonight too. should stop the tail from spinning completely, i hope.