Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NPG

60 HP TROLLING

8 posts in this topic

I am looking to repower my 16ft lund angler i have a 40hp on it now. boat is rated to 75hp i found a 1997 merc 60hp. Wondering if anyone has similar set up and how well (speed) it trolls. Thanks

Thanks thats what I was told, but I thought I would get a third part opion. Whats top speed with your sylvan. Thanks

I had a 60HP on a Alumacraft Magnum 165 CS and it'd troll about the same speed as mentioned above...2-2.5mph. Top speed wouldn't hit 30 mph though (GPS).

I have a 1991 Merc 60 hp on my Lund Predator which I think may be a little bit heavier than your rig. It's rated for 60 hp though in the tiller. I get 1.8 mph pretty reliabily with mine with two guys fishing. Top speed is just shy of 31 mph on my GPS.

Different props will affect how the motor trolls down too, if your not too worried about top end, you can get a prop that would be more freindly for trolling.

This is very true.

If you go this route however you will have to watch your RPM's at top end to avoid over-revving the motor. Your holeshot will improve as well.

marine_man