• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bigfoot Mallard floater decoys.....

Anyone have any first hand experience with them?

They look good, but last year(first year out), I've seen where the keels were cracking, some paint issues... .

I need to update, but don't want to buy problems either.

had a buddy give em a go and the keels broke and the paint falls off like the GHG hot buys, however he sent them back and recieved free decoys to replace them, I would think this year would be the same because its a new decoy from them and they probably need some major complaining before they change them, some guys will just throw something away and go buy replacements and not even tell the company there product is sheat.

I would look into herturs (sp) 007 mallard decoys really good company and thier products stand up really well.

If it was me replacing my spread I would buy G/H M4M

G and H are by far the best for paint and durability. They may not look as realistic as the GHG's or Bigfoots and do cost more, but they are one of the most durable decoys on the market.

If you're like me, floater decoys always seem to get banged around in the bottom of a small duck boat no matter how careful you are. You might as well buy the decoys that aren't going to chip or crack IMO. My G and H decoys run the abuse gauntlet every year and still look great after several years of use. I even have some standards of my dad's from the early 90's and besides a few scrapes the paint is still in impeccable condition considering the years of use. Might as well spend the money on the decoys themselves rather than a $50 dollar slotted bag to protect them.

That being said, I really like the appearance of the bigfoot floaters and the paint seems tougher than the GHG's. Might pickup a half dozen to try out this year, although they do seem a little flimsy especially in regards to the keels. just my two cents, good luck with your decision.