• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

If you were going to buy a new bow, what kind would you get and why?

BLACKJACK

Well you see my friend, this solves all your problems then, no need for an arrow holder with the drop away. It acts as an arrow holder as well.

Strato, I see what you mean, after doing a search, some of the newer Trophy Takers have a 'containment' system. I was never impressed with the Whisker Bisquit type, I always thought the fletching would rub but if the rest 'falls away' and still holds the arrow, that'll work. I'll look at it tonight.

Blackjack- I don't know if you have been there or not, but there is a proshop by litchfield called Minnesota Archery. They gave me the best service i have seen by a proshop. Matt is the guy that helped me on several visits to the shop. I don't know what brands they all carry, but the service was great. Just another place that is not too far from willmar to check out if you get a chance.

I have a QAD ultra rest pro HD, love it.

UMD, thats an idea, MN Archery is only about 8 miles from my folks, I've always meant to stop in there but I'll probably end up in Richmond, thats where I bought the bow and maybe they can get me a replacement limb - that would be the fastest and cheapest option. They're also very knowledgeable and have helped me in the past. And if I can't find what I want, St. Cloud is right up the road.

Quick update, I took my bow to the archery shop in Richmond and they found out that my limb was NOT cracked!!! smilesmile I'm back online quicker than I thought!!! smile The guy took a knife point to the 'crack' that I was looking at, and also ran a cotton swab over it, he said a crack would catch the fibers and his final determination was - no crack!!! smile It was just a paint line. Then he helped me adjust and clean my flipper arrow holder that caused my initial problem, I shot my bow a few times, and I was on my way!!! When I got home I practiced some more, I'm going hunting tonight! smile

It was a learning experience though!!! Pay more attention to equipment!!! Little squeeks can lead to a big problem!!! If I goto SoDak bowhunting next year, I'm going to have my old, spare bow ready to go!!

I've had no problems with the RT900 sight. I love it. None of the pins have ever come loose on me. That is one thing that always worries me so I'm always shooting my bow before I go hunting to make sure the sight hasn't gotten bumped and tweaked but it's always been dead on. The only minus is the red fiber optic is kinda hard to see in low light, whereas the yellow and green are very easy.

Best thing is to go to a Pro-Shop, not Cabelas or Gander Mtn, and shoot some different brands and see what you like and what is in your price range. The reason I said not Cabelas or Gander is becaue you'll have a tough time getting your bow fixed if something goes wrong with it, especially during hunting season.

Not only that but we need to keep the local shops in business. I see more and more of them clsosing up because they can't match the prices of the big chains.

Quote:
My bow is a Golden Eagle, which isn't made anymore, I'm going to the archery shop Tuesday night to see if they can get me a replacement limb but just in case, give me your imput on new bows. Thanks!

I believe they were taken over by a group of archery manufactures , not sure what they're called now (North Americn Archery group?) but I cracked a limb on my Golden Eagle a few years ago and sent it in to them and it came back with Jenning's limbs. Figures it would take a lot of work tuning it with the different limbs but it shot just like it did with the old limbs. I've still got it and it shoots just fine.