• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

About to plunge into ATV world. looked at Can Am Outlander500 Max EFI

Cove

My boat dealer sells the Can Ams during cold water season. They gave me brochure for the Outlander models and it looked like the 500 EFI Max and XT was good for 2 passenders yet would fit into my trailer. Will this do what I want it for? which is:

I. Ice Fishing. e.g. Mille Lacs when condidions are right. A good medium between truck and snowmobile, to get you around a large lake fast and safely.

2 Be able to hitch up and pull my utility and boat trailers from he back yard up to the front and vice versa. Will they do this towing better than my John Deer lawn and garden tractor does? The "MAX" feature allows second person to ride along.

Winch can help with pulling in the dock at end of summer.

The 500 Outlander Max will be a great machine with the Fuel Injected V-Twin. Plenty of power for your intended usage.

The dock duty could be another story. Depending on the slope you have to pull the dock over? Hill or flat land? Steel or aluminum dock? How long?

My parents have a dock that's over 100" long and we use a Yamaha Rhino to pull that out and up a hill. Although the dock is long, we can still manage to push it in by hand.