Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Christopher Quast

how can I get the moisture out of my headlights on my contour???

6 posts in this topic

This is causing horrible visibility lately and I need to be able to get these things fixed or replaced. What are my options??? I looked on [YouNeedAuthorization] and a set will run around 160 bucks prolly a third of my cars value.

Drilling a small hole at the bottom (lowest point) of the lens, into the housing will help standing moisture drain, while it might help in moisture on the inside get out also.

You can also try pricing headlamp from, Certi-fit in St. Paul also.

Good luck!

Well, it is almost impossible to get it all out, then to reseal so more doesnt get in it! The moisture comes fromthe heating and cooling , and it not being air tight. You can try to get all the water out by removing them and air drying them, and letting them hang, then try to find the seasl, or crack where the moisture is coming in, and seal it. Your best bet is replacement. If you search, you will find them for about $100 for the pair!

I took care of this on a pair of headlights on my buddy's old civic a few years ago. Here's what I did: I took the headlights off the car, then I used a heat gun to loosen up the sealant that seals the lense to the backing. After the sealant softened up I was able to pull the lense from the back. After Seperating I took the heat gun to the lense and the backing, as well as wiped both down very well. I then hang dried them for awhile and resealed with a tube of new sealant. Let the sealant dry and put them back on the car.

Call John's Auto and see what there have for replacments..

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I was glad I had scratchers on thursday,,,, after 7 miles on the trail my skid looked show room clean ,,, put the scratchers down and all was good ,,,Trails are still rideable up here but showing some snert,,, Gonna switch to ice fishing till we get some snow cover again 
    • I thought it looked cool, the way it unfolds.   Run time indeed is an issue, and it would probably take slogging through them one by one to tell.
    • U have to keep telling us.......
    • duurrrr whats a heat exchanger I sold my trail sled and only have my f/c ice fishing sled now.   I was thinking about buying a new trail sled beginning of this year but glad I didn't I just don't have time for both ice fishing and sledding oh the hardships I have   I wish I lived in the mountains I think snowmobiling would win over fishing
    • Have the 8" k-drill. Bought it at the fishing show. Had it out about 8 different times and love it. No complaints. Very light weight, drill about 20-25 holes out each time. Only on Monday did I have to use a second battery, had about 21 inches of ice. I have two 5ah batteries for it.
    • It was awesome.....it is not exactly a new thing for presidents to lie, but the guy actually brought in clappers to clap for his lies about pee and crowd gate.....as this means somehow he wasn't lying his a$$ off?  Watching Spicer later in the day trying to provide cover for the boss was almost painful. ....if it wasn't so funny. No clappers there    #sidetrackedfromallthefirstdaypromises
    • Looks like great sub-flooring but not sure how well chip board products would hold up for a trailer top? Even if it's a covered trailer the slush and salt will do a number on the bottom side I would think? For the cost I would just put some 5/8th treated plywood down.
    • I used to sip cognac with a beer and I didn't even get in to whiskeys or bourbons until 8 or 10 years ago, so as a novice I started with the Canadian blends like Crown, Tangle Ridge and Pendleton and I'm more of a sipper using the old fashioned glasses.  I can't give recommendations on any of the really good brands, but if you ever see some of this... run screaming from the bar.  
    • Catfish is right up there with walleye, perch, trout, steelhead, salmon, flounder, grouper.....
    • What does it matter what Bernie Sanders had figured out considering the DNC blatantly rigged the primary against him? And then they tried with all their might to do it again and were exposed.   Face it, you party is fueled by people who are showing that they are the very ones they claim to be fighting against.    Immoral, intolerant, violent, judgemental and full of hate. 
  • Our Sponsors