Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Christopher Quast

how can I get the moisture out of my headlights on my contour???

6 posts in this topic

This is causing horrible visibility lately and I need to be able to get these things fixed or replaced. What are my options??? I looked on [YouNeedAuthorization] and a set will run around 160 bucks prolly a third of my cars value.

Drilling a small hole at the bottom (lowest point) of the lens, into the housing will help standing moisture drain, while it might help in moisture on the inside get out also.

You can also try pricing headlamp from, Certi-fit in St. Paul also.

Good luck!

Well, it is almost impossible to get it all out, then to reseal so more doesnt get in it! The moisture comes fromthe heating and cooling , and it not being air tight. You can try to get all the water out by removing them and air drying them, and letting them hang, then try to find the seasl, or crack where the moisture is coming in, and seal it. Your best bet is replacement. If you search, you will find them for about $100 for the pair!

I took care of this on a pair of headlights on my buddy's old civic a few years ago. Here's what I did: I took the headlights off the car, then I used a heat gun to loosen up the sealant that seals the lense to the backing. After the sealant softened up I was able to pull the lense from the back. After Seperating I took the heat gun to the lense and the backing, as well as wiped both down very well. I then hang dried them for awhile and resealed with a tube of new sealant. Let the sealant dry and put them back on the car.

Call John's Auto and see what there have for replacments..

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I am interested in what this cough muffler looks like
    • Looks like a lot of rocks.  Could be some fish laying on the bottom.  I look for separation between the object and the shadow.  After I get more acquainted with my new unit i will try and post some shots
    • Its a whole new world down there with SI and DI.   After you learn what the picture is showing you,  you'll wonder what took so long to get it   I was a Lowrance guy for years and made the switch to H'bird this year with the new Solix with Mega chirp.  Very happy with it so far.  Amazing clarity and images.  
    • Swiveldigger picked up his 3rd win of the year with 342 pts. and jumped from 11th to 5th in the standings.   2--fishingstar  322 3--88fan    316 3--huckfin  316 5--Juneau4  310 6--BlackLundProV  308                                               HIGHEST  WEEKLY SCORE HAS BEEN   CATZMAN                                                                                                                   365 7--Catzman  268 8--jar jar  242 9--mnwildman  224 10--gregg52  174 11--Musky999  128   ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Standings 1--Juneau4  2170 2--Catzman  2121 3--fishingstar  2092 4--88fan   2052 5--Swiveldigger  1995 6--mnwildman  1994 7--Gregg52   1985 8--BlackLundProV  1975 8--huckfin  1975 10-jar jar   1947 11-Musky999  1890 
    • Back to the original reply- which one and which size? http://www.homedepot.com/p/Basement-Watchdog-Emergency-Battery-Backup-Sump-Pump-System-BWE/100055241   Amperage (amps) 6.5   Or, if you want to be serious then install a few of these bad boys. I call it the Mother Of All Backups or MOAB for short.   https://www.sumppumpsdirect.com/SUMPRO-SUMPROGOLD-Sump-Pump/p2565.html  
    • Has anyone been on Clear yet this season? Thinking about heading that way in a few weeks to try for some walleye and yellows. 
    •   Well wasn't cheap but you got fixed and it would have been a real mess if she blew out on the lake.
    • Congrats looks like a beautiful and productive lake! Nice work. 
    • Ended up being the clutch dog and reverse gear were wore out... 550 for parts...I almost ended up getting a whole new lower unit, but a buddy was able to find the parts...The shop said they discontinued the parts Yada Yada Yada, but some shop in Hackensack was able to find them I guess...just want the dang boat back ha...
    • That's rough DrJ, were you on public or private land?   
  • Our Sponsors