• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MLB Needs a Few Rule Changes

zamboni

For starters, the fact if the White Sux win tomorrow, they will host the Twins on tuesday. The Twins have the better head to head record, and the game should be here, it should be up to their records head to head, not a coin flip.

And another one I am not too crazy about- the WS home field advantage goes to the League winners of the All-Star game. What a joke. What if, and only an example here- a Wild Card team, say from the AL goes to the World Series. They have posted a record like 86-76. The AL has won the All-Star game. So the AL team with a record barely over 500 gets homefield over an NL team with say a 100-62 record. The homefield in the WS should go to the team with the better record. If they are tied, then homefield should be based on each teams interleague records. I can almost gurantee alot of the braindead rules in the MLs are the brainchilds of Bud Selig, a person that should have never been put into the commissioners office to begin with since he owned a team, giving him a huge prejuidice.

Sorry, had to vent, esp if the Twins have to go to Chicago, I am just not happy about that situation at all

The allstar game means something then, right?

Detroit will laydown for the sox. (Detroit just fired pitching coach and bullpen). Guys just want the offseason to start.

I agree that the game should be played in Minnesota since we won the season series.

I disagree on both counts.... grin

It's just common sense you have to have time to Schedule these playoff games you can't wait until the last game of season and then just decide to a play a game the next day with 40,000 people attending along with the several hundred employee's and City workers needed to pull this off. It's not a little league game folks! I do wish the coin flip was recorded live with witness's, I do not believe Boston won all 3 of their coin flips.

Good rule with not many other options available.

Having the All Star Game determine the home feild in the World Series is one of the best things baseball has ever done they turned a meaningless game into something that matters... I can't think of a better way to determine the home Field then to have the best players from each league determine it on the feild... Great Rule

I certainly wouldn't want a weaker team from the National League with a few more wins then a much better team from the American League to have Home Field because they play in a weaker Division and league. That makes no sense to me!