• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Busy.......

as a beaver. I had seen a couple beavers playing around every time I got to this spot. However, since I always got there in the afternoon, the sun was always behind them. This time, I took a walk thru the thick vegetation so as to come from a different direction. They must have heard me because by the time I got to where I wanted to be, one was heading the wrong direction around a bend in the creek. I waited, figuring eventually he would come back. All of a sudden, I saw what appeared to be weeds coming across the water. I looked thru my zoom and saw the beaver in the corn. I fired a couple shots, and afer he got out of sight, I waited expecting him to go across and grab some more and come back. In the meantime, I took a few more steps towards where he should come back. Sure enough, here he came and I took a few more shots. That was his last trip. After a few minutes i decided to head back to the car. I took about 3 steps and kerplunk. Another one hit the water about 10 feet from me. I knelt down expecting him to surface. Lo and behold, here came another one down the same slide. He paused at the edge of the weeds and water and I had to lean way over, to avoid the weeds in front of his head. I got one shot and he was gone. Pretty soon, this other one comes swimming down the creek. I sat in the weeds and eventually he came right on by. It was a good day for beavers.

I then caught this Great Egret in flight and the second one is just interesting, with the trail he's leaving. wink The sparrow was a bonus to finish the afternoon.

2899056333_3d56451d8e_o.jpg

2896671287_2768517db1_o.jpg

2896582825_b683dbae3f_o.jpg

2896578157_f04ee470be_o.jpg

2897515614_86889ac42b_o.jpg