Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mike morris

Family Guy

64 posts in this topic

Anyone watch this show at all?

What a lowlife attempt to help spread beliefs to younger people in the United States. Seth MacFarlene, a well known atheist, spreads atheism throughout the show and tries to make humor out of it. Anyone who watched the show tonight would know what I'm talking about.

This show makes me sick.

I've watched it a few times. Never saw all the humor in it. Maybe I'm just old and out of touch, but yea, I know what you're talking about.

Anyone watch this show at all?

What a lowlife attempt to help spread beliefs to younger people in the United States. Seth MacFarlene, a well known atheist, spreads atheism throughout the show and tries to make humor out of it. Anyone who watched the show tonight would know what I'm talking about.

This show makes me sick.

lighten up. Its a cartoon. And its pretty funny. He makes fun of religion because it is fun and funny to do so....... Why am I explaining comedy to you??? Figure it out. Lighten up. laugh

i like it-not for younger kids but i always get a good laugh. i am not religious at all and i didnt even know he was an athiest(let alone care). I watch sports ,UFC,WEC and see em all "thank GOD for allowing them to win" and that makes me laugh also. turn the channel because there is alot of [PoorWordUsage] on TV and thats how i sovle it if i dont like it.

What's the big deal? There are enough shows that try to spread the word about god. What's the difference? Everyone can have their own beliefs, right.....

I love the show, problem is after seeing each episode three or four times it gets old. I do not find it threatening my values if anything it sharpens them.

Thats cool if you dont like it.

Heck I cant stand these reality shows. I'm glad I got that off my chest. I feel better now.

I love the show, problem is after seeing each episode three or four times it gets old. I do not find it threatening my values if anything it sharpens them.

Heck I cant stand these reality shows. I'm glad I got that off my chest. I feel better now.

I agree.

I actually think the target audience is late teens-early twenties, most of whom are capable of thinking for themselves. So whats your problem Mike? Apparently it's not ok to be an atheist? Spare us your self righteous proclamations.

Family guy is the greatest, best, free-est show given by God on the face of our planet.

or if not...I just have a sick sense of humor wink

lighten up. Its a cartoon. And its pretty funny. He makes fun of religion because it is fun and funny to do so....... Why am I explaining comedy to you??? Figure it out. Lighten up. laugh

Agreed. Its the only show that actually makes me laugh. I guess I am an atheist though......

I never thought I would see the humor in such programs. Until I saw an episode of South Park and saw they poke fun and all groups. Some of the humor is a bit racy, but no single group bears the brunt of the humiliation. But I don't go out of my way to watch these programs either.

Several years ago my kids were huge fans of the Nickelodeon channel. One day I sat down with my sons during one of the programs and realized what I thought was a program tailored towards a young (under 12) audience, it turned out to be totally the opposite.

As was mentioned, if you don't like it, turn the channel. It's that simple.

That is why it is an adult cartoon, just like south park, they push the boundaries because "real" sitcoms can't. They tell the truth like it is they don't beat around the bush. I like that and obviuosly a lot of other people do too. Now close the window.

Fishin58,

I hope you didn't think that I was against the programs in question.

I do find it somewhat humurous that we have to rely on cartoons as adults to get some points across. It's just that when kids are involved, we need to be the better judge of what they're watching. The program I banned my kids from watching was based on the names of the characters. Not so much from the content of the program.

Nope not at all Lep, Simpsons used to be over the top, I can't even watch that show at all. Sad to say but it is blah, people used to rant about the Simpsons and some kids I grew up with could not watch sthat show. I guess the same goes for Family guy now. That is why I control the remote!!

Let's see if we can get the show banned. Maybe the librarian in Wasilla could help you with that.

classic and very funny to see this post.......it is a show that has been on the air for a few years so it has a following and is liked by many.....different strokes for different folks....change the channel.....at times it is very funny and at other times it is annoying......oh and not everybody believes in God and religion sorry to break it to you.......and cause people do not believe in god does not mean they are bad people or devil worshipers either.......it could just mean they don't believe in fictional charachters!!!

Praise to Fonz.......loved that episode!!!!

Funny thing this show was canceled at one point then brought back, wonder why??? Because its funny and people like it. Its ment to get you going, i think that and south park are 2 of the best shows on tv. Lots of life lessons in them smile

I agree.

I actually think the target audience is late teens-early twenties, most of whom are capable of thinking for themselves. So whats your problem Mike? Apparently it's not ok to be an atheist? Spare us your self righteous proclamations.

I think it actually targets people more in my age group(38). A lot of the references are about things that someone under 20 might not even understand.

I'll go on record as stating that I love this show.

And to the original poster I would like to quote Sgt. Hulka in the movie stripes, "lighten up Francis."

Thank you. Reality shows are brutal. Talk about ruining peoples values. Family Guy rocks, I am watching it right now as we speak.

Oh, and for the original poster...change the channel. I doubt your absence will hurt the "Nielson Ratings" or whatever that is.

i think the goal of this show is to upset certain groups. i love it!

fonzie be praised. grin

all praise to Flying Spaghetti Monster!!

He saved McFarlane from 9/11!!! Check out Wiki.

If TV shows are your moral compass, or if they decay your moral compass, you've got bigger problems than Seth McFarlane.

Really.

/Has no problem turning the channel when "The 700 Club" comes on.