Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kywest

Drop Away Rests...

11 posts in this topic

I bought the Rip Cord drop away rest last year during a sale and absolutely love it. Performs flawlessly. The only issue I have is when I draw back and the arrow slides through the rest, it makes considerable noise. Anyone have any advice on how to silence that noise? Thanks guys

3rd that suggesting.. Mole skin. There is also a teflon tape that works very well and doesnt wear like mole skin.

I wrapped my rest in moleskin and then used camouflage felt covered tape to secure it. That puppy is silent.

Thanks guys. I think I get the picture... moleskin is what I will do. Thanks again.

im thinking of silencing my LADDER STAND does this stuff work for a stand too. you know when youre carrying it and theres the clink clinking sound all the way to where youre going to set it up i want to cover my whole stand with something

For my deer stands I have used moleskin to silence buckles and straps that tend to make that clank in the woods. I would not cover my entire stand due to cost considerations but in spots its a great fix.