• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hooking up pull/push light switch

Shetek kid

The switch in my Lund 16 went bad while the son was using my boat (for the entire summer) and he dis-connected all wires and bought a new switch but didn't take note of what went where.

I am in search of a schematic to get this back to normal. Enough of smoking wires and sparks. Just a bow and stern light powered off a battery. Switch has 2 pulls in operation but has only 3 terminals for wires. I tried all possible logical connections and they didn't work. It has to be something so simple. I would guess 1 terminal to be hot and the other 2 are for the respective light but that does not work either ?????

Thanks in advance

You are correct, 1 is hot and the other 2 are loads. Is 1 of the terminals by itself on 1 side of the switch and the other 2 are together on the other side?

When you determine which terminal is the hot one, you should have no voltage coming ouf either of the other 2 with switch pushed all the way in. With switch pulled out to the 1st postiion, you should have voltage coming out of 1 of the "load" terminals-this is the stern light. With the switch pulled all the way out, you should have voltage coming out of both of the "load" terminals. Hook the bow light to the one that has power with the switch pulled all the way out. I hope that is what you are looking for.