• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

great stuff?

Dan, I assume your talking about foaming those spaces?

If that's the case, you will only be adding bouyancy, or floatation should you sink or capsize. That will be the only benefit.

Now if your looking to add displacement and floatation to carry a load better, or run skinnier water, something on the line of "pods" will have to be added to the exterior of your hull.

I don't know about the product your talking about, but I would make sure it doesn't retain water and add weight to your hull. I've heard some expanding foams hold water like a sponge.

Not sure if this gives ya anymore ideas or not?

There have been a number of threads on this subject and the main issue is whether the stuff will stand up to gas and oil. Look in the boats section higher up on the list and search around a bit. There was some really good, and very specific recomendations on there maybe 2-3 weeks ago.

I am planning on boxing it off with wood and caulking around the seams and painting the wood so water should stay away from it. it also said on the can the it repels water, I did not buy great stuff just something like it. I bought a product called fill and seal. If it dont work I wont be out much money as I have the wood to box it and the cans were on rebate(99 cents) and it took ten cans. ten bucks into it aint a big loss

finished the interior pods today hope they work as they were a pain to install the directions on the can say the stuff is expanded full in thirty min yeah thats bull. I went out this morning and one off the boxes was almost pushed outta the boat. had to cut a bunch of the stuff out. when I started cutting it started ozzing out some more. well now that I know this stuff expands well I will do the front depending on the performance of the interior pods. here are is the finished product.

P9270004-1.jpg

P9270005-1.jpg

P9280012.jpg

P9280013.jpg