• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

20 guage low recoil waterfowl loads???

I need some help with finding some low recoil waterfowl loads for a 20 Guage. I have a single shot for my son, and I need to reduce the kick aliitle, I dont have money for a pump or auto so He has to use this gun for a while, I want to take him hunting and not scare him off with big kickbacks from gun, I also have a 410 but u half to have a farmers income to afford shells for the thing. Any info would be great. Good luck to all on the opener

I would definitely try to find some 2 3/4" shells. Not sure how much that will matter though. Also a decent option for about $30-$40 is a new limbsaver recoil pad - supposedly it reduces recoil by about half. I don't have personal experience with their product though. Not a totally cheap solution but better than nothing.

Good luck - erik

icecold, same deal with me - grandson is small for 11 and just passed gun satey, going to make his first real trip next weekend. I have a .410 but like you know, the $$ on those is just plain silly... He will shoot some 2.75" in my Dad's old 870 pump. Shouldn't be too bad, bigger issue is the size of the stock for his small size, especailly when adding in a layer of warm clothes. It will be a single shot "pump" for awhile smile