Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
witgey&water

Parts an Info for Mariner 5 Hp outboard

7 posts in this topic

My bother-in-law recently gave me a 5 Hp Mariner outboard that needs an impeller and maybe more parts. I was wondering what year it is and were I can get parts locally (St. Paul). The serial number is 0D999183. This is my first outboard and I am pretty excited to make it go. My wife on the other hand is not and has given me a small budget to repair it so I will have to do myself. I have found some info on the internet that leads me to believe it's around a 1995.

What is the model number?

I don't know what model number I have looked everywere. Is there something I have missed?

I'm just trying to make sure it is a Japanese (Yamaha) made engine, which I'm pretty sure it is, to get you the right part number. Look at the same tag you found the serial number on, does it have anything else there.

I looked at the tag and the only other thing is "Mercury Marine A Divison of Brunswick Corp Made in Japan". Thanks for being patient with me I had know idea that Yamaha made motors under the Mariner name.

Any Mercury dealer or repair shop should be able to get the parts you need. I've owned 3 Mariners, they are just a Merc with gray paint. All the parts are the same.

True to a certain extent.

W&W,

The impeller numbers are:

Merc 47-96305M

Yamaha 6EO-44352-00-00

Sierra (aftermarket) 18-3073