• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good Beers

caseymcq

I feel sorry for people that drink Miller Lite and Mich Golden Draft Lite. It's not that they taste bad it's that they don't taste at all.

I'm having Surly Two Below tonight and Paulaner Oktoberfest tomorrow.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R U a beer snob?? LOL j/k I like a lotta diferent beers from lite to dark. If I'm gonna sit by the fire and tip back a half dozen, Bud Lite is just right. I don't care for the Bud Select. I like Sam Adams Boston Lager. But I don't needd that much flavor all the time.

I hear that. There's a difference between a good beer to sip on, or a beer that I can drink more than 3 or 4 of them. I'm all about a good beer, but if you're on a mission with your buddies, (for me), it's gotta be something of the lesser quality.

95% of the time im a Miller lite, Keystone lite, or blue lite drinker. But I do have a growing taste for diff beers. If im out to dinner and want one or two I have been trying to expand my tasteing. I have been enjoying some fine micro-brews and others. Some of the german and wheats are great but for the most part im a pilsner or lager guy. A friends was out from Minnesota a few years back and brought his favorite local brew - Hauenstein? from New Ulm I believe? Quite good!

The last few years a beer called Yuengling has been spreading around the east. Not sure if its made it out west yet. If any of you guys see it local or travel and see it, try it. Its americas oldest brewery from Pottstown PA a few hours south of where I live. A great story of a family business who is starting to run with the big dogs. They used to only sell locally but a few years back they really made a push to expand and are flying. There regular lager is great and the lager lite has a ton of flavor. They also make black & tan and some other brews too...

A few weeks ago the GF and I went to Cooperstown(baseball hall of fame) and stumbled on a brewery called Brewery Omegang. A very neat operation and very tasty stuff in the german style...

I wasn't impressed with Summit Oktoberfest. Out of all the Oktoberfest beers I've tried this fall, Summit was my least favorite by far. In fact, I've still got 4 left. I drank one, and used one in a batch of chili I made. Looks like I've got enough for 4 more batches of chili......

Summit does have a lot of hops, so it's got that bitter taste. It's kind of like eating foods with curry, you either like it or dislike it.

Pete, have you tried the Sam Adams Oktoberfest? In my opinion it is one of the better "popular" brand octoberfests out there. With less hops than Summit.

Warsteiner Octoberfest is great. But then again there is the entire line of Unibrew's, from Trois Pistoles and Le Fin Dumoines. Duvel is also a great beer. Saison Du Pont is a great Belgian.

Now thats a beer list.

Summit does have a lot of hops, so it's got that bitter taste. It's kind of like eating foods with curry, you either like it or dislike it.

Pete, have you tried the Sam Adams Oktoberfest? In my opinion it is one of the better "popular" brand octoberfests out there. With less hops than Summit.

Sam's was one of my favorites from the big name breweries, Leinie's was pretty good too.

I didn't know Warsteiner had an Oktoberfest brew, that'll be at the top of the shopping list next time!

Yes, Belgian beer is the best!! I remember drinking 4 or 5 Duvel's in Antwerp one night and wondering why I was getting sloppy drunk. Then I found out the alcohol percentage, 8%. Very sneaky.

Some of my favorites: Leinie's Sunset Wheat, Fat Tire, Moose Drool, Stella Artois, Sam Adams, Rolling Rock, Corona (when in the warm summer sun), and Grainbelt Premo.

A friends was out from Minnesota a few years back and brought his favorite local brew - Hauenstein? from New Ulm I believe? Quite good!

A real New Ulm Schell's Brewery classic there, my dad almost had a heart attack(and drove all over southern MN looking for more) when there was a Hauenstien shortage when Schell's took over the Grainbelt lable a few years ago. We have a big Hauenstien sign in our kitchen back home, "The beer with a little character".....

I'll have to take everyone's word on this subject as I haven't reached legal age yet.....