• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I was out duck hunting on the st. croix river! just north of St. Croix falls! I could not believe how many DNR trucks i seen today. not to mention boats! We got stopped and asked for our liscences only once though! And they carried themselves resectfully they waited untill the seen there were no ducks in the sky then walked up to us and quietly asked for our liscence. I just wanted to say that i think our DNR Officers are doing a great job. Even though they fined my friend for having expired tabs! Great Job Guys keep up the good work!

Yes I think most DNR officers do a great job haven't ran into one yet that hasn't been friendly but that is because I haven't seen to many though. I think the only problem in MN is there isn't enough officers around. I know having more in my area would help out a lot. I am looking to become an officer and I know it is hard to get a job with how many people there are applying for any opening. Does anyone else think there should be more or is it just me?

I hunt ALOT! I maybe get checked once a year I believe thier needs to be more on the H20. If I remeber right I have been checked once since the last duck openner and I also pit a lot of time in on the water fishing, maybe I'm just tucked away from the crowd and not getting noticed or thier watchin when I cant tell.

In my experience, the state CO's are always nice, and even cheerful and joking at times, but the feds are all bizness and no time for nice-ities. But they have a tough job, and I respect them all.

How about the one that was going to check my fishing license and drove over our lines and then smacked into the side of my boat. Not even one "I'm sorry.."

Then last year duck hunting, we watched the DNR watching us on the road for over 2 hours. Suddenly he sneaks through private land and jumps out from the marsh 10 yards from us, while we are holding loaded guns! When we asked him about it, his response was "I didn't see you doing anything wrong, but wanted to surprise you in case you were!" Nothing like innocent untill proven guilty! I guess I'm not so happy with them.

the last weekend of early goose me and my 2 buddies were out goose hunting and the DNR came up to us. when he checked our guns, me and my buddy cody both had our plugs in but when he checked our other buddy cole, he didnt have his plug in AND he had 5 shells in. when the DNR asked him why he had 5 shells and no plug coles excuse was "i dont remember putting 5 shells in". the DNR gave him just a warning for it. then he went to check our licenses and only me and cole had our licese. when he asked cody he said he didnt buy one because the people at gander told him if he was under 18 he dint need anything (well they were wrong). Thankfully the DNR also gave him a warning. then when we were about to leave, a flock of 5 geese were coming in super low so we got down. he just stood there and said they wont see me. of course they flaired off about 75 yards in front of us so i didnt get the chance to shoot but other than that i think he was very kind to let them both off with just warnings when they both sould have gotten tickets. we got pretty lucky. over all I am pretty impressed with the DNR's.