Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
archerystud

Broke a limb today

11 posts in this topic

I decided to go spend a little time practicing today with my bow. On about the 10th arrow I heard a pop. I looked down at my lower limb and sure enough it had cracked.

I hope Mathews is quick on a turnaround with new limbs. The guy at the archery shop thought I might have it back by next weekend.

I guess it was better to crack now than about 4 weeks from now!!

I'm shooting an LX right now and it's the first issue I've had. My old MQ1 had a ton of arrows shot threw it and never had an issue.

This is a good reason to keep your old bow as a backup. I plan on buying a new bow next year and I am definatley keeping my old bow as a backup.

Man you'd think they could get a limb to you in less than a week. Just another thought here...do you need to replace both?

The upper limb "looked" fine. I'm not sure what Mathews policy is. I've never replaced one before on a Mathews.

They will suggest both limbs be replaced. Which is the right thing to do.

Mathews is sending two limbs for replacement. Hopefully have it in my hand by Sat so I can dial everything in....AGAIN.