• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Quick Strike Rigs Success

Dkoy

Wife wanted to go out but she doesn't want to throw anything and I was thinking if anybody has had much luck with a quick strike on the back while casting in the front? I suggest using single hook rigs decreasing changes of bad hook ups... any advice or info?

depends where your fishing. i.e. structure. quick strikes are what the name implies. when the baits taken, hit it immediately. what do you mean about the singles? you gonna sew it on or something? maybe just snip one hook off each to make two hooks on each and secure it with one and have one exposed. but sewing is ok to i guess. she knows how to sew? lol.

What I was looking for was if anybody has had good luck with hanging a sucker off the back end of the boat while tossing in the front. Although this might not happen much due to Minnesota 1 line rule, the wife was going to join me but she didn't want to cast anything, but read her book. Didn't get to try this weekend since the gloomy day backed her out, but maybe next weekend or so.

I was going to use a single hook and try something I seen somewhere, with the rubberband sewed into the nose of the sucker and hook behind dorsal.

Yeah the rubber band rig thru the nose w/ a big treble is sometimes called a herbie rig or lift off rig and they work awesome in the fall. Get the biggest suckers you can find and you can tie a balloon on for a bobber, or run it off the bottom like a 3way rig, put the clicker on and have fun.

redhooks

I dont think there is a sucker size reg but i could be wrong. If your using a qs rig U gotta go big to conceal all that wire and hooks. Id buy some 60,80,100 Pound test flourocarben and add some small spinners and a double hook system creating your own qs rig. Although it can be playing with fire as far as bite offs. i dont know of less HUGE LOOKING methods though that arent cheap.