• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fantastic Fall Flathead

DTro

Well as far as Flathead fishing goes, it's been a long late summer season. Lots of hours and very few quality fish to show (at least for me).

However, based upon some of the reports I've heard lately and the action we had tonight, it seems that the Flats are looking to put some meat on before the cold weather arrives.

Aanderud has really put in his time this year and has been gracious enough to tote WasteWaterGuru and I through some pretty nasty stretches during this low water......tonight was no exception (I think I was actually hit by a few flying rocks from the propwash crazy).

As Karma goes, he was rewarded kindly with this beautiful Fall Flathead.

42x25.5 and 33lbs

Nice Fish Brian!

003-3.jpg

004-6.jpg

I couldn't agree with you more. The late summer fishing was pretty slow around these parts and we were only getting 10 pound fish but in the last week we have four 20-30 lb fish with the biggest being 29 pounds. I'm guessing they are sensing a very fast decrease in water temperatures are are trying to fatten up for a cold winter.

That is a nice fish there, I wish I had high quality pictures of my catches.

Thanks. That one bit at like 5:45 pm or something. Well before dark. We ended up with 1 more small flat and a couple short runs that dropped the bait. First multi-flathead night I've seen in months. The bite is definitely picking up. I agree with MinnesnowtaWild, must be putting on pounds before winter.

Very nice fish!

I heard it was a bit of an adventure just getting to her. wink

Tried driving through the very shallow water fully loaded...didn't make it, we had 3 inch rocks hitting us, getting thrown from the prop. Dropped off 2 guys on shore, put-er on plane to get up through the shallow spot, picked em back up, and we were pretty much in the clear from there. Other than the trees and several more less-shallow spots, that is smile

Man that must be nice.. we cant even buy a big flatty over here for over two months. Now even the little ones are hard to find. sigh sigh.. They must have moved east to bigger water or someting. But the fat Eyes are sure eating good. Getting some good 8 pounders as of late.