• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Twins- Kansas City thread!!

Scott K

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a south park episode were they played little league baseball, and all the teams wanted to lose so the season would end, and they had there summer to do what they wanted.

this seems very similar, the twins and sox must be hunters, and they want the season to end.

I have to agree about Morneau, he is really stinking it up. Boof, what can I say. One thing, let that ball get by you- theres plenty of capable fielders behind you, that was a double play ball!! I cringe everytime he starts warming up.

Let the Royals and Indians have playoff game for the division title. At least they are playing good ball now, especially KC., they have won something like 13 of their last 15 games. Twins and Sox won't get past the first round the way they are playing.

Wow....lots of bandwagon jumpers here?

Royals and Indians are playing good ball now, when they are eliminated from the playoffs. Twins weren't supposed to finish .500 this year, the fact that they are playing for a division championship is amazing.

And everyone is right, we should bench Morneau, it's not like he had 130 RBI's or anything....really he is just terrible, we should just let him go, maybe we could get a AA shortstop in a trade...you guys are such fair weather fans, it's terrible.

I wouldn't trade Morneau for anyone, but this is it, and when you come to the plate with bases jacked and 1 out, you need to step up. People are chanting MVP, that is one trait of an MVP, they come through in the clutch, and his slump is really hurting us right now. Benching him isn't an option, but he needs to step up.

talk about laying a couple eggs following the big sweep of the sox. I think though that realistically this shouldn't be a huge surprise. The twins have had a few stretches of great baseball where they won a bunch of games and that's what has put them where they are at but by and large, they probably are only about the 5th or 6th best team in the AL and benefitting by being in the central division which is down this year. Their hitting with risp all year has been nothing short of phenomenal but perhaps as many experts have mentioned, these things tend to average themselves out and it's unfortunately a bad time for that to happen.

Does that mean that they cannot win the division and go far in the playoffs? No it doesn't. The Cards proved that a couple seasons ago and the Rockies came close last year to show that playing your best ball and having the momentum can carry you through the playoffs if you can just get there.

I hope this does show to management that while they do have potential, they are going to have to pick up a couple new players in the offseason if they are truly interested in being a better team next year. I hope I'm wrong but I fully expect the Indians to be the type of team next year that they were expected to have this season so less than 90 wins isn't going to win the division two years in a row.

Actually our division isn't down at all and the so called experts who were wrong 5 months ago about the Twins clutch hitting are hardly and in no way, shape or form justified with one bad hitting series.

I agree next year is going to be tough although I could see another title with less then 90 wins being our division is so good top to bottom. I see KC being vastly improved, Detroit couldn't possibly play that bad again spending as much money on players as they and POSTERS in this forum would like to spend "LOL" Cleveland I agree should be back on Form and Chicago is a possible threat again.

As stated MANY times before PB, we don't have to spend like NY, etc. Just fricken spend on 1 or 2 players, trading deadline or free agent. Not average players like we usually do, LAMB<EVERETT<MONROE ect. Get 1 or 2 studs a year. Unfortantly the Pohlads think like you, lets make it a challenge and possibly make a buck