• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Twins- Kansas City thread!!

Scott K

As big as the previous series was against the White Sox,that just made the series against the Royals that much bigger. The Twins need to come out and win tonight, just to keep the pressure on Chicago, I am afraid if we let the Sox back on top, we wont regain the top spot! We need a win tonight.

Go Twins!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will certainly need 2 games for sure. We don't want to go to the South Side for a play in game! Chicago might not have looked great in the dome, but they'll win at least two out of the next four. If they take three of four, we need all three KC victories to avoid that play in game.

I'll be there on Saturday! First game for our second child, who's 1 1/2.

I dont drive, exact opposite, I work at home smile .My wife is a Nascar fan, and we are going down there to see the Nascar race. Boy if I would have known what this series was going to mean a couple months ago, I wouldnt have agreed to go! Oh well, while I am down there, I can lip off to a couple Royals fans I am sure grin Well if the Twins win, I can!

I will be watching tomorrows game down there on TV, well if they have them down there! But tonight will be a long boring road trip through the exciting state of Iowa during the game tonight. Then I will need to watch the game from my cell phone Sunday, and the Vikes.

4Wandering- I used to live there, make sure you get to Oklahoma Joes or Jack Stack for the best BBQ on the planet!! Jack Stack makes the best baked beans and the cheesy cornbake is to die for, and OK Joes makes the best pulled pork I have ever had.

Grienke has been shut down for the season, he pitched a ton of pitches in his last outing and the Royals decided he was through for the season so he doesn't hurt his arm. So we won't have to face him. I would love to have him in a Twins uniform, he has amazing stuff.

There are 4 or 5 Jack Stacks, and now there are 2 Oklahoma Joes. The original OK Joes is in a gas station not far from Westport, and the new one is on Metcalf if I remember right. Jack Stack has a carryout only lunch and dinner menu that we used to get at work all the time. 2 sides with the BBQ, I used to get their BBQ chicken with the cheesy corn bake and those baked beans. If you do a yahoo search, they both have websites, jot down their phone numbers and give 'em a call while you are down there.

Buzz C'mon bud a little more Peter Positive please. 2 out 3 at least.

G.C.

I just said it that way so it would hurt the White Sox fans worse. We will win atleast 2 of 3.... the White sox will lose 2 of 3 and thats all she wrote as Detroit won't have to play them !

Tonight:

KAN: Davies (8-7, 4.21 ERA)

MIN: Liriano (6-3, 3.39 ERA)

Advantage: Twins

CLE: Lewis (3-0, 1.42 ERA)

CHW: Danks (11-8, 3.20 ERA)

Advantage: Sox. Danks is solid and Lewis is still a bit unproven.

Saturday:

KAN: Meche (13-11, 4.05 ERA)

MIN: Perkins (12-4, 4.50 ERA)

Sorry…advantage KC. This is not a good matchup for the Twins the way Perkins is pitching.

CLE: Jackson (1-3, 5.96 ERA)

CHW: Vazquez (12-15, 4.46 ERA)

Advantage: Sox

Sunday:

CLE: Lee (22-3, 2.54 ERA)

CHW: Buehrle (14-12, 3.87 ERA)

Advantage: Tribe, but not by much. Assuming Lee pitches.

KAN: Duckworth (3-2, 5.06 ERA)

MIN: Baker (10-4, 3.59 ERA)

Advantage: Twins