• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Red sky at morning . . .

. . . sailor take warning.

I was up with the crows (or in this case ravens) this morning, and a thunderstorm system moving across just before and during sunrise produced some amazing color.

The ravens where wheeling around in front of some of the most striking color, and of the 75 frames I tried, only this one turned out well.

Canon 30D, Canon 400 f5.6L, iso1600, 1/400 at f5.6, handheld, one-shot focus mode, center focus point, crop, lots of fiddling with selective sharpening and noise ninja

2889301067_03e899c31d_o.jpg

Coming up through the clouds

30D, 400 f5.6L, iso100, 1/8000 at f20, tripod

2890135596_89db5b5426_o.jpg

Just re-read my reply, and it sounded kind of "catty"! Didn't mean that. I've watched the sunrises the last couple of days and have drooled over 'em, but have been in the wrong place at the wrong time to get a shot on my way to work. Really AM glad to see you got to take advantage of one!

Beautiful shots Steve. We had a very unique almost pink sunset here last night. Unfortunately, I was on the road without a camera. I was returning from my daughters volleyball game in Caledonia last evening. I am sure you know the area well. That sunset and all the bluffs had me wishing I had the camera.