• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

TRU BALL SLUGS ANY GOOD?????????????????????

Christopher Quast

As has been said in many forums in the past, buy a box and go out and shoot some. Every gun will shoot different.

My niece earned the nickname Annie Oakley because she took 2 deer running broadside one year. Both times she was shooting the Tru-Ball slugs out of a 20 ga Mossberg.

First deer was at 78 yards running full tilt, one shot. The second came the day after at 30 yards, one shot is all she needed.

I already know the obvious I was just asking a general question I believe. You would have a point if I asked how these slugs tend to group at given yardages, but I dont think I did specifically ask that did I?

Note from Admin, Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.

Hi GoldTip,

I don't believe anyone was trying to rip on your post or offend you bud. But from what I’ve notice is that, Slugs guns are very picky on what slug they like. I've seen the exact same setup, like 2 totally different slugs. My uncle's 870 smoothbore likes Federal Truball's, while my buddies 870 likes Remington 3”sluggers.

Truball’s do group very well. My uncle gets 2”-3” groups at 50ydrs, Remi 870 smoothbore 28”bird barrel with IC choke. When I used to shoot my Moss 500 Smooth Slug Barrel with C bore. It liked Brenneke KO’s the best, I got 2”groups at 50ydrs and they dropped every deer I shot in their tracks. You might wanna give them a try also, plus they are even a little cheaper too.

Hope this helps and good luck this season

imagine that somebody rippin my post HMMMMMMMMM wierd!!!! I already know the obvious I was just asking a general question I believe. You would have a point if I asked how these slugs tend to group at given yardages, but I dont think I did specifically ask that did I? Whats with this site being so political all the dang time????????????????????????????

Wasn't trying to bust your hump GT. Just offering some real life experience with the same combo that you asked for. Nothing wrong with a little advice. Your initial post questioned how they group. I gave the yardages to reflect their accuracy at a distance.