• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

stabilizers

slopmaster

hi all, so now days you hear all these bow companies or people for that matter bragging how their bow has no hand shock and are completely quiet. Well if this is the case why do most people put a stabilizer on? Is it for these reasons or more to balance out the bow. i mean do they really help that much for the money? Kind of wondering since i will be purchasing a new bow and debating if i should invest in one. My last bow did not have one but my first one did. O and if you do how do you decide between a short or long style?

definitely get a stabilizer on your bow. the purpose of a stabilizer is to make the bow weight forward (so the bow should be falling forward out of your hand after each shot) you will also need a wrist sling (but these are cheap anyways)

Even if you get a brand new bow with very little shock/vibration a stabilizer will help hold your bow steady- especially when that twelve pointer steps out from the bushes. And it reduces even the small amount of vibration that the new bows produce.

Buy a stabilizer! Even a cheap one, e.g. S-coil, doinker, NAP. You will not regret it.

as the 2 above have stated, get a stabilizer. A stabilizer does many things... It adds weight to the bow, helping to hold more steady. Its absorbs vibration, and levels the bow. The longer the stabilizer, the more it will help you, however the harder it is to deal with in the woods. Thats why if you are ever at archery comp you see some guys with 3' long stabilizers. They really do help.

My hunting stabilizer is 12", do I need it that long.. No, but it helps put the arrow where I want it. It levels my bow perfect and reduces hand shock...