• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Time to make all you diehards think........

Dragonsm

Last sunday, as I flipped between football and nascar.....at one point or another they always seem to talk about the one "great" that has played the game (football or any sport for that matter) that defines the sport, but never had the opportunity to win a ring. This got me to thinking as I flipped back to nascar....the announcers were taking a question from a fan.

Well, for someone who doesn't know a whole lot about the sport.....2 questions for you!

1)Give me your thought on the greatest nascar driver (past or present) to never win a championship

and if you thought that might be easy....next question is for extra credit!

2)Give me your thought on who might be the greatest driver to never win a race? This one might be a stretch....but there might be some good ones out there that placed plenty of seconds.

Looking forward to the replys.

Whoops....my mistake.

Tough question.

Going with Dick Trickle.

Interesting fact about Dick Trickle.

Trickle won the NASCAR "Most Popular Driver" award every year from his first season in 1989, to his last in 1998. (Dale Earnhardt was "above" ever running for such an award, as everyone knew he'd win outright. So Earnhardt removed his name from balloting every year in order to give another driver a chance.)

Martin's a good pick, but I know that Handsome Harry Gant finished 2nd, 3rd, and a couple of fourths in points back in the 80's/early 90's, so he's my choice, just to mix it up a little bit.

Best never to win a race, good question.

DD

I'm not a big Martin fan, but he'd probably fit for the first question.

Even though Kenny Schrader never has been a dominant driver in NASCAR, he's a sentimental favorite and someone who I'd like to see with the championship trophy. It's too bad it'll never happen because he's the real deal.