• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ABU parts

HugoBox

Not sure how, but some of the threads on the nut that holds the handle on one of my 7000's stripped. Originally I thought i bent the handle but figured out I got a bad nut...

I may try to find a fine thread one at a hardware store, but if I can't do any of you know who sells those parts. Not the best time of the year to send a reel off for service.

thanks - erik

Try the Bass Specialty shop on HWY 65 in Fridley. I understand they do reel repair nowdays. I ordered parts from Mikes reel repair in Canada and it took like 3 weeks to get them. I won't be ordering again from Canada.

Steve

Quote:
Try the Bass Specialty shop on HWY 65 in Fridley. I understand they do reel repair nowdays.

yes. no need to contact me hugo. this was my suggestion. figured it was a no-no here. guess not, lol. trails end pro bass.

Erik... just go to Abu Garcia HSOforum, get the address... then on the box, write down this "Abu Garcia Attn: Reel Service Dept" along with the rest of the address and ship it... make sure you add a note explaining whats wrong with your reel... and if its under warranty, they'll repair it or, more likely, replace it

With insurance and confirmation, amount comes to about $8.50 maybe less... and the turn-around time is quick...

I blew out two of my 7000iC3 in August and both got replaced within a week after them receiving it... and one of those replaced blew out again... I shipped it back last Thursday and they got it on Monday... so the new one should be back before I head to Mille Lacs on Oct 14th...

Hope this helps...

Not sure how, but some of the threads on the nut that holds the handle on one of my 7000's stripped. Originally I thought i bent the handle but figured out I got a bad nut...

I may try to find a fine thread one at a hardware store, but if I can't do any of you know who sells those parts. Not the best time of the year to send a reel off for service.

thanks - erik

If you're out of the warranty period and want to fix it yourself go to their HSOforum and look at the online diagrams for your particular reel and get the parts numbers. Then do as follows:

Thank you for contacting Pure Fishing concerning parts for your reel. In order to ensure that we are providing the correct parts for your exact reel, we must have the following information when you call.

• Reel Model Name (e.g. 5500C-3, M300, C100B)

• Reel Foot Number (this is like a serial number, stamped on the underside of the mounting foot)

• List and quantity of parts needed

• It is best to have your reel with you for additional information.

Once we have this information, we can determine if the parts you need are available and the cost involved. If you’d like additional information concerning these parts, wish to place an order or would prefer to contact your local authorized service center, please call us at (800) 228-4272 (M-F 7:30 A.M. –4:30 P.M. CST).

We accept Visa or MasterCard. If you do not have a credit card, you can send a check or money order for your reel parts. Please enclose a list of parts you are purchasing. After we receive your payment, we will send out the order.

Thank you for your loyalty to our reels. We will be looking forward to hearing from you.

Good Fishing,

Customer Service

P.S. If the parts are not available, we will offer you an accommodation price on a new reel with submission of your old reel.

I'm sure its not secret, but thumbs up to ABU for taking care of me quickly. Once I got off my arse and called them they put the parts in the mail and the reel is as good as new. Now I just gotta find an ice fishing shack that will hold me and a 9ft HVY action rod... wink

I'm sure its not secret, but thumbs up to ABU for taking care of me quickly. Once I got off my arse and called them they put the parts in the mail and the reel is as good as new. Now I just gotta find an ice fishing shack that will hold me and a 9ft HVY action rod... wink

Mine will be out floating this weekend with an open seat that has your name on it! grin