• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My son is trying to get me into hunting again. I haven't hunted in 25 years. We plan to do a duck hunt next month, but I am not sure where to go. Any places in the east central area anyone wish to recommend? He has the decoys, I have the boat, we also have the waders. Only thing we don't have is a dog so we'll have to be fido.

I would suggest a WMA map. Use that to scout. I would strongly suggest scouting before you head out. Get used to the swamp you plan to hunt (can be very confusing in the dark, if your not familiar).

Best of luck finding a spot. Hope you can get some birds, and hope you get back into this great sport! Lots of family bonding can be had, with a bonus brid here and their.

I notice some rivers as I "scout" the Isanti area using DU's Hunting Reports page. If you zoom in it goes to 2003 FSA Airphotos just like weather.com radar maps.

I've had lots of luck on rivers in the past, nothing like a nice float while the fall leaves flutter around you. If setting out decoys watch for where birds will cut across land to stay on the general course of the river, no fun to be stuck in a wide bend while the birds cut across the base 1/2 mile away.