Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bucketmouth64

hunting areas

5 posts in this topic

My son is trying to get me into hunting again. I haven't hunted in 25 years. We plan to do a duck hunt next month, but I am not sure where to go. Any places in the east central area anyone wish to recommend? He has the decoys, I have the boat, we also have the waders. Only thing we don't have is a dog so we'll have to be fido.

I would suggest a WMA map. Use that to scout. I would strongly suggest scouting before you head out. Get used to the swamp you plan to hunt (can be very confusing in the dark, if your not familiar).

Best of luck finding a spot. Hope you can get some birds, and hope you get back into this great sport! Lots of family bonding can be had, with a bonus brid here and their.

bucketmouth when do plan on going cause I know of a couple places not that far from Isanti and I might be hunting around there next month and maybe we could meet up or something. soot me an email at r_mach1@msn.com and we can discuss it.

I notice some rivers as I "scout" the Isanti area using DU's Hunting Reports page. If you zoom in it goes to 2003 FSA Airphotos just like weather.com radar maps.

I've had lots of luck on rivers in the past, nothing like a nice float while the fall leaves flutter around you. If setting out decoys watch for where birds will cut across land to stay on the general course of the river, no fun to be stuck in a wide bend while the birds cut across the base 1/2 mile away.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• 70 HP Johnson motor.  Older model, but low hours on it.  Starts up fine, but when I go to give it gas the engine bogs down and won't come anywhere near running as fast as it should.  Anyone have any thoughts on the cause?  Wondering if maybe the carbs need to be cleaned.  If so, anyone know how much of a job that is?   Thank you in advance for any feedback.
    • The Warriors won't lose anyone that wants to stay with them since Durant is basically sitting back and saying pay my boys and then we will take care of business.  Hard to lure a free agent from them if their studs take such paycuts...
    • Score!! Nice find.
    • I still don't like the Hanzal/White trade.  I can see a team that is on the edge or coming into the playoffs as a 6,7,8 seed, but at the time, the Wild was 1st in the West and everything was going great.  I really didn't see a reason why they needed to change or bring in other players.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  They could have brought guys up from Iowa down the stretch to spell the vets and give them some motivation.   I'd like to know what Baby Boudreau wants to change or what he would like to see on the team. It would be nice to have somebody that really knows and wants to work the front of the net.  Parise is the closest thing we have to that and that isn't good for his longevity.  Be nice if Coyle embraced a role like that and used his size out front.  
    • Probably because most people wouldn't sell one of these for that much. I'm not sure why they did and well I didn't ask. Maybe they didn't like it as even being a older grill it had hardly been used and looks like new. I already had a Holland Companion grill that works great but this is even better. 
    • Skol!  I'm excited to see how Cooks pans out.  He seems legit so far!  What was the deal with KFAN ditching the rubechat forums?  I know the political page could get a little overheated at times but the others seemed pretty tame.  Too bad! 
    • Wow!! Now THAT's a deal!!!!!!! Why can't I find stuff like that?! 
    • Well not exactly new. Found this at a yard sale for $40.     
    • Havnt seen him for a while and is a lot bigger now.     
  • Our Sponsors