• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

'08 Public Land DIY elk hunt- story with pictures

Scoot

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Final Chapter Scoot. Thanks for taking the time to share. I don't think anybody thinks you are gloating about how good of a hunters you guys are. I think you are just rubbing in the fact that you get to go on such an awesome hunt grin

Thanks so much for sharing. You guys have hunting skills and knowledge that most of us only dream about. I mean think about it...

4 for 4 on Bull Elk with Archery Gear on public land with only a week to hunt! That is impressive.

Make sure to keep us posted on next years hunt! Good luck with your hunting here in the flat lands!

Awesome hunt and excellent story keeping us curious to the end! Way to go guys..

You filled out last year with 3 beauties, and 4 bulls this season...bowhunting! That's beyond belief. Great job!

Quote:
I hope you have enjoyed it half as much as we did! I’ve also really enjoyed writing up the story. I hope my writing hasn’t been too over the top and I really hope nobody interprets me telling the story as bragging or being grandiose- that’s certainly not my motivation or intention.

Not at all and I really enjoyed reading it, nice job both on the hunt and the writing of the story!!!

Great job Scoot, it was fun following the story this past week. I think the Rockies will see an increase in the number of MN hunters visiting in 2009!

Congratulations and keep up the good work!

Awesome trip again for you man what an experience. You guys have it figured out and know what the heck you are doing that is for sure. No shortage of effort either. Anyone that have ever done a public land hunt knows how hard they can be but your crew does them well man. Congrats on another successful year.

Thanks again, fellas. Like I've said, it was an absolute blast again this year. I attribute out success to two main things: 1) there are a lot of elk in that area, and 2) we're not smart enough to know when to quit. Obviously, a little luck doesn't hurt either.

Wow, my eyes have been glued to the computer for the last hour reading the entire story, very enjoyable! Sounds like the trip of a lifetime, hopefully I can experience something remotely close to that someday.

Thanks for sharing.