• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

October challenge: Fall color

I know the lighting is bad here. It didn't look that way when I first loaded the pic into my computer. This tree in my front yard is just amazing with the color it shows every fall. The pic doesn't do it any justice.

100_0418.jpg

Really nice stuff, everyone!

Moose, I was at the Baptism yesterday. The maples are pretty well done, but the golds of aspen and birch were excellent all the way up the shore from Duluth to where we turned onto Hwy. 1. If you're heading up, the earlier in the week the better.

FWA that was taken over the St. Croix river valley. Closest trees to you is Minnesota, other side of the river Wisconsin. The town at the top of the photo is Taylor's Falls.

A few more shots located here if you are interested.

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ub...NG_#Post1555051

Lots of beautiful enteries this month. Great work by everyone!

Ok, haven't been around to many changing leaves but I can tell you one thing, if it don't stop raining in the valley and soon, you could take this shot again come December 1st. This shot was also entered in competion at the FM Camera Club montly photo contest.

105162107.jpg

The entries this month have been spectacular - not that I expected anything less smile. Thank you all for sharing beautiful images of Fall scenes in your world. Here's my contribution -

Jack-in-Waiting

IMG_6206-1.jpg

Canon 30D; ISO 400; 1/800; f/11 Aperture Priority

24-105mm lens - taken at 24mm and cropped

I learned a bunch from this challenge - spent time today working with "auto bracketing" to get the lighting I wanted, but then lost the focal point of the picture that I really wanted & had to crop quite a bit. A great way to learn!

Happy Halloween everyone!