• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

October challenge: Fall color

Hey all:

Dan (Dbl) and I made an executive decision to dispense with voting for October and go with autumn color for the theme of the month. It was kind of a no brainer, you know? gringrin

There'll still be plenty of color left in the northern part of the state early in the month, with lots of chances farther south as the month progresses.

Remember, only a single image that must be captured within the month of October. smile

And don't forget, fall color doesn't have to mean pictures of brightly colored leaves. Halloween also produces a fall color. Then there are high school football, harvest celebrations and fall displays of corn shocks and corn. There are shotguns and shotgun shells and pheasants and grouse and ducks, and fat walleyes on the prowl to get fatter. Golly, the list can go on and on and on. gringrin

I'll be pleased to go first! The sun was cutting lines through the canopy when they came to rest immediately on the backs on these "Box Alder" leaf's. The sun's rays were like a spot, for it seemed only to focus on these particular leaf's. As you can see, the one leaf has completed approximately 50% of it's color transformation from green to red.

374_7421-2-2.png

Beautiful brook trout caught on a cold day. Didn't know there were trout in this stream dumping into the St. Croix, water must be cold enough for them to venture down there this time of year.042.jpg

I really feel like I miss out every month by not taking the time to get an image in the challenge. A great way to get people out with their gear!. I had planned on getting an image of a combine in a golden field,but the guys around here combine at night! mad

Walking thru the woods today with one of my daughters,this backlit leaf caught my eye giving me the opportunity to join the challenge this month.

2913159449_b5a8e2c2e6_o.jpg

File name

IMG_7398.CR2

Camera Model Name

Canon EOS 30D

Firmware

Firmware 1.0.5

Shooting Date/Time

10/4/2008 15:33:36

Tv(Shutter Speed)

1/250Sec.

Av(Aperture Value)