• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anybody want to have a FUN FM Weekend big bass Tournament?

Deitz Dittrich

To spark fall fishing, anybody interested in having a fun weekend big bass tournament? Keep the rules easy... Bragging rights is all you get.. Take a pict of you holding the fish and another with the fish on a measure board. Fish any hours you want, any lake you want. But fish has to be caught sat or sunday. Not friday or today or last year...

Anybody in?

Sleddie- I dont get the paper, but I think a time stamp on the pict or just a piece of paper with the date on it next to the fish..

Spearing Bass--- This weekend... 9-27 and 9-28

I think bragging rights only, too many people measure fish differently. So it wouldnt be fair.. Just for fun... If you have a scale in your boat feel free to weigh the fish, But winner will be on inches.

Deitz put the control item like { FM BASS} on FM friday night at 12:00 at night or sat morning when you wake up so nobody get a head start. That way you could sleep in if you have a rough night

prefishing this contest. lol just joking around.

come on who is not willing to give up there old plastics for the winner or maybe we could all make our own stink bait for the winner and mail it to them. I would let mine marinate until about next july and then mail it. Who is in for the stinkbait contest???

ike

I like the idea. I was hoping to get out early for a few hours on some local ponds Sat and Sun morning and the chance at some bragging rights sounds fun.

Last week I took a day off of work and hit a new body of water. It was during the week and I was the only guy at the launch. This is always good but made me start to think if there may be a reason. Upon launching the water was very clear and as I looked down I saw a little bass, so I was encouraged as I now knew for sure there were bass in said pond.

For the next hour no takers on top water, tubes, cranks, and jigs of the weedlines. I decided to go deeper and bang fish on. It was a pike followed by many other pike which kept me entertained. I begin to second guess my choice of new unproven water.

It was at this point I decided perhaps the docks held some fish. It was getting later in the morning and I targeted the docks with my eye on the shady side of the said docks. First toss tic, tic. line taunt, and I set the hook for a huge miss. I then pull up to next dock with a pontoon and shade just below the outboard. I pull out a nice thick 17. As I work the string of docks this fish is followed by some 18's.19's and few 15 and 16. Then I had a shot two pigs. One I actually had a little trouble pulling out from under the dock and from the brief couple of looks I got I would say it was a 22 inch fish pushing 6 plus pounds. She went air born and hit the water hook free and the senko was propelled in my direction with a direct hit to the face, thank goodness I had my trusty polorized glasses on.

This was followed by one more nice fish which never came out of the water but I got to see on a few dives by the boat prior to it going free. This fish was not in the class of the first pig but for sure was in the 20 inch class.

After this good bite I went back over the weekend under different condtions. The result was few nice pike and one 12 inch bass.

In any event I know the potetail is there so I will give this pond one more shot and see if I can pick up and post a quality fish as part of the this weekend tourney.

Looking forward to some pics and story's

Oh what is the deadline to post pic.

Deadline to post a pict is Midnight on Monday... but the fish must have been caught on Sat or Sunday... the extra day is just for people to have time to download their picts and such..

Again, a pict of you holding the fish and a pict of the fish on a measure board. MOUTH CLOSED IF POSSIBLE. If alone I know this can be hard. But measurement should be on a board, with the mouth closed and the tail fanned.

This type of format is a real blast! We've been doing them for a few years now with Catfish.

Set a time period and release a control item right before start. We use length/girth for Cats since you would need a step ladder to fit the fish on a ruler in the picture frame. grin

In order to be a success, contestants need to be very honest and rules held firm.

I will start a new thread for the submissions.. Please again, take a pict and have the date in the pict somehow. This is just for fun.. but if you wish, I think it would be fun to send one plastic lure to the winner... LOL. Just one, not a package, just one.. or any lure of your choice for that matter.