Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
WinterHaven

IceGator question?

I am leaning towards getting one of these this year and wanted to know from the people who have used one of these or actually owns one exactly what you think of them. Looking for input on the satisfaction or dissatisfaction of these Augers. Plus I heard that the company was thinking of a full shield to cover the batteries for really cold weather as well as plugs to cover up the charging jacks so ice, snow and dirt does not get inside of them. Does anyone know if these changes were made for this years model? Plus there is no where on their site that gives the price of the 6" model if anyone knows that as well.

If this auger holds up to all the hype, then this would be an ideal auger for my use.

To tel you the truth I dont know anyone who has actually ran one of these. I have seen them at shows but never ran one.

I hear they have some rigged with Nils shafts and blades. That thing should cut great.

As fra as the improvements do a [YouNeedAuthorization] search for Ice Gator and see if they have a web site with that info.

Saw these guys at last years Minneapolis ice fishing show. The thing looked interesting. They said they were working on a few additions to make it more powerful for perhaps a larger diameter auger, but had no date for release on that. The models we saw had 6" augers on them. We were skeptical about the "actual" battery performance in extreme cold and THICK ice conditions. Especially if you like to move around and drill a lot of holes. We even tried to get them to allow us (in conjunction with a contest even in the Duluth area) to test one out. They thanked us for the interest, but said they had already testes out there. Oh well. I'll stick to my gas powered augers.

I'd definitely go to a winter products show and talk to the inventors 1st. Good Luck. Let us know your thoughts if you do get one.

I have the Icegator 8" with both sets of batteries It has been fantastic I drilled all the holes I wanted last year and others used it too! I used the 12 ah batteries mostly and never ran out of power Last year I drilled down to 42" of ice and still worked fantastic and customer service is greaT! Even the company president called and asked how it was working Greg is an avid icefisherman and has created the best icefishing tool since the spud Talk about quiet! it is Plus no mess with gas / oil your wife wont complain about the smell in her car or in the house Instant start no priming warm up ect you will actually have your hole drilled before anyone with a gas on a cold start up charging is simple now they inverted the batteries and added a 24 volt charge port to them Mine I hooked individual chargers(kinda like a vex charger) to each battery but had to dissasemble but thats only 2 thunb screws to do it I never had a problem this year they are making a 12 volt model with clips too that is a bit lighter as you can use your 12 volt battery in your house / atv ect Like I said best investment Ive made and works fantastic in the rugged cold weather we get in Northern Maine

Greg e-mailed me yesterday and told me that this years model they have made a couple of design changes to it.

1. The top will cover the batteries a little more.

2. The batteries will be mounted upright instead of upside down to improve performance.

3. There will be covers to protect the charging jacks so no ice, snow or dirt will get inside of it.

I am definitely going to buy one of these for this ice fishing season.

I used one last year with my 8" Nils auger. Worked like a charm. One other feature not mentioned above is the reverse feature. After you've drilled your hole, put it in reverse and flush most of the ice down the hole. And of course, no fumes in the perm. Nice invention.