Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishorgolf

peta and ben and jerrys

38 posts in this topic

You just gotta love peta. There latest is to urge Ben and Jerrys to use human breast milk in there ice cream. Yummy!

do a search of breast milk ben and jerrys. I think CNN has video also.

I also heard bout this deal this morning holstien cows are not being hurt in any way to produce the milk for the ice cream so I think peta is just wasting there tyme.

Looks like a real story. Their letter states that cows are "forced" into pregnancy to produce milk, and then when they are tired, ground up for hamburger.

Just another attempt at publicity and its working. PETA is a bad organization and doesn't deserve the 2 minutes I took to make this post.

It would be nearly impossible to keep all "sources" drug and alcohol free, wouldn't it? It would be an FDA and USDA nightmare. Although there might be a line of men wanting to work for the enforcement agencies... grin

We had some lady come to our house trying to sell some cleaning products....blah, blah, blah. she goes through her spiel. She says, that's a nice dog you have there, etc, etc. She goes into how these cleaning products go towards peta. My roommate stops her and says, now here's where we have a problem. She says, why, you don't like animals? His response was, you see this dog, he retrieves the animals that I shoot. She was stunned and walked away quickly.

We had some lady come to our house trying to sell some cleaning products....blah, blah, blah. she goes through her spiel. She says, that's a nice dog you have there, etc, etc. She goes into how these cleaning products go towards peta. My roommate stops her and says, now here's where we have a problem. She says, why, you don't like animals? His response was, you see this dog, he retrieves the animals that I shoot. She was stunned and walked away quickly.

Thanks, I think a kernal of popcorn shot out a nostral on that one. grin

Wow, some people took the "we are all created equal" way too far. As a fellow human, I feel surperior to the cows that I eat and drink milk from. Thats the advatange of being a surperior spieces.

how does PETA think that cows would even exist if not for farming? Would we have free range cows roaming the plains? Nope, they would be extinct.

my cartoon bubble is 300 women in a milking barn....never mind.
SOOO..... Teanage girls would be held in the "developer barn"? These PETA jokes are the best!

I thought you guys were totally nuts. It just sounded too ridiculous to actually be true so I had to look this one up. Sure enough, they are certifiablecrazy Straight from the PETA HSOforum:

September 23, 2008

Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, Cofounders

Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc.

Dear Mr. Cohen and Mr. Greenfield,

On behalf of PETA and our more than 2 million members and supporters, I'd like to bring your attention to an innovative new idea from Switzerland that would bring a unique twist to Ben and Jerry's. Storchen restaurant is set to unveil a menu that includes soups, stews, and sauces made with at least 75 percent breast milk procured from human donors who are paid in exchange for their milk. If Ben and Jerry's replaced the cow's milk in its ice cream with breast milk, your customers--and cows--would reap the benefits.

Using cow's milk for your ice cream is a hazard to your customer's health. Dairy products have been linked to juvenile diabetes, allergies, constipation, obesity, and prostate and ovarian cancer. The late Dr. Benjamin Spock, America's leading authority on child care, spoke out against feeding cow's milk to children, saying it may play a role in anemia, allergies, and juvenile diabetes and in the long term, will set kids up for obesity and heart disease--America's number one cause of death.

Animals will also benefit from the switch to breast milk. Like all mammals, cows only produce milk during and after pregnancy, so to be able to constantly milk them, cows are forcefully impregnated every nine months. After several years of living in filthy conditions and being forced to produce 10 times more milk than they would naturally, their exhausted bodies are turned into hamburgers or ground up for soup.

And of course, the veal industry could not survive without the dairy industry. Because male calves can't produce milk, dairy farmers take them from their mothers immediately after birth and sell them to veal farms, where they endure 14 to17 weeks of torment chained inside a crate so small that they can't even turn around.

The breast is best! Won't you give cows and their babies a break and our health a boost by switching from cow's milk to breast milk in Ben and Jerry's ice cream? Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Tracy Reiman

Executive Vice President

I just figured out what Ben and Jerry could call their low-calorie version of the PETA ice cream:

Double D-lite! grin

When I heard this on the news I laughed so hard I almost puked. So women are supposed to stay pregnant so we can give cows a rest? PETA get a life, why not just use soy milk then no one would have to be strained. What next, a couple of squirts in your coffee. That would make an interesting restaurant!

When I heard this on the news I laughed so hard I almost puked. So women are supposed to stay pregnant so we can give cows a rest? PETA get a life, why not just use soy milk then no one would have to be strained. What next, a couple of squirts in your coffee. That would make an interesting restaurant! [/quote

what next? how about milk dispensers in resturants shaped like..... well you know. smile

Starbreasts???? or Cariboooooob coffee?? blush

Sure, now ya made me spit iced tea all over my keyboard and screen! cry The Hooter's chain would take on an all new meaning.

Heck this subject could become like the 20" box fan!

PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA....

.....there, is that enough PETA to last the rest of the year on FM????

My goodness, I see and read more about PETA on this HSOforum than everywhere else I tread in daily life ----- combined!!

How about enough of the free publicity for this do-nothing group??

Find me one thing that this group has done here in MN legally that has affected anyone whatsoever.

You guys fall for it everytime, whether it's chicks in lettuce bikinis or boobage milk in your coffee. PETA may be way out there, but they play you guys to perfection. You guys are spreading the word and that's exactly what they want. In todays world there is no such thing as bad publicity, and at the rate PETA gets mentioned here, FM will probably start showing up on search engines with regards to the group.

So let's start doing the opposite around here, push your ignore button whenever you see these four letters - PETA.

And enough with the "people eating tasty animals", that's so late 1900's. laugh

This thread has ruined my ability to concentrate on my work today. I just keep casting my mind's eye into the breast-milk future.

PETA surely is run by some real boobs! gringrin

Ooops, guess I'm a PETA dupe. Oh well. winkwink

PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA....

.....there, is that enough PETA to last the rest of the year on FM????

My goodness, I see and read more about PETA on this HSOforum than everywhere else I tread in daily life ----- combined!!

How about enough of the free publicity for this do-nothing group??

Find me one thing that this group has done here in MN legally that has affected anyone whatsoever.

You guys fall for it everytime, whether it's chicks in lettuce bikinis or boobage milk in your coffee. PETA may be way out there, but they play you guys to perfection. You guys are spreading the word and that's exactly what they want. In todays world there is no such thing as bad publicity, and at the rate PETA gets mentioned here, FM will probably start showing up on search engines with regards to the group.

So let's start doing the opposite around here, push your ignore button whenever you see these four letters - PETA.

And enough with the "people eating tasty animals", that's so late 1900's. laugh

Calm down duff, everyone is just having a little fun with this? Why does everything have to be so serious.

You're not helping things Steve, let this baby roll a quick death off the end of the first page. winksmilewink

I figure we will get a few more right-wing chain e-mails being posted and that'll get things rolling. LOL laughlaugh

Just think...you can talk about hunting, fishing, and breasts on this site and not get in trouble with your favorite girl! grin

When I told my 16 year old daughter about this today, she about choked on her milkshake (timing is everything you know). She said "that is the dumbest, least thought out plan I have ever heard!" It was funny. She worked at the Miracle of Birth center during the fair, and encountered many ignorant people, but she didn't think they even came close to the "brilliant" one who thought up this plan.

Apparently, my 16 year old is smarter than a PETA spokesperson! grin