Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
blodngoods

Icegator or Gas Auger...Which Will Last Longest

As decision time is nearing, just had to ask for your speculation or opinions on which of these two types of augers will provide the most years of relatively trouble free use, provided they are both taken care of. Thanks again.

I would put my vote with a gas auger... My dad has a Kluge ice auger, from like 1971, and it still runs like a top! Heavy as all get out, but throws ice like a cat going crazy. I cant believe an electrical engine will be able to last that long. HOWEVER, will it last long enough for you to feel you got your moneys worth?... Probably, I haven't heard anything bad about the IceGator units.

I agree, if your looking for long term, I think the gas auger will be the best bet. I am only saying this because Ice Gators havent been around long enough to compare. The Ice Gator looks to be very well built, and may just outlast the gas augers, but time will only tell. I have had electric augers in the past, and the electric motor has lasted atleast 10 years, so I am not really concerned. I am hoping to get an Ice Gator this fall.

As this is only my second year for the icegator I think it will last for as long as I will ever need it granted a few years down the line I may need new batteries but so doesnt the car the vex the portable radio And any issues with the motor have been properly repaired / replaced by the manufactur on ones I have heard of that had issues Batteries of the future Im sure are gonna be cheaper and better and again if you take care of it like any tool it should last a long long time

I have the 8" model

This was taken of the the Icegator web page.

"The Icegator drive is to be used on any 6” or smaller ice auger drill bit ONLY. If you use this on a drill bit larger it may damage the drive, and void you warrantee."

yes but further into the page as in products it has the 8" models

icegator products

image0014.jpg

they are fixing up the HSOforum and that will change but trust me they do have an 8" model started it last year they also have a new model out this year for use on atvs or your house batteries

IceGator%2012v.jpg