• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What Do You Want?

Bobb-o

If you could ask the tackle manufacturers for any item or modification to a current item what would it be? Lets make this a creative list, from stuff that is a dream to stuff that might have a chance to be on the market in a year or two. For me it would be:

Salmo:

~A size 2 chubby darter would be killer for gills and crappies

Berkeley:

~A pink or blaze orange super line (Not fireline, that stuff is garbage) for ice would make line watching a lot easier, most of my combos have a 2-3' fluorocarbon leader at the end so the brighter the better for the main part of my line.

~Gulp Alive in sizes small enough for ice fishing so that i dont have to spend time carving it up with a razor blade before i go out fishing.

Little Atom:

~Well since they are already releasing their Jumbo Nuggies this winter, how aboot a poof-ball nuggie? basically take the regular nuggie and add 7 or 8 more tails coming off in all different directions, sorta like a nuclear ant tail but in 3 dimensions.

~Also how aboot taking the balls from two nuggies and combining them with a tubular piece of plastic so that they look like a dumbbell, this would be great for dropshotting pannies and coule also be used for wacky rigging.

Marcum/Vexilar/Humminbird/Lowrance:

~I know I am prob alone on this but how cool would it be to have one of those demo modes on these machines that you see on the shelves in the store as a screensaver?

~How aboot a little MP3 jack and a little speaker, would be nice to listen to the tunes while out fishing.

Lowrance:

~C'mon i know you guys prob have the technology to add a transducer to my H2O, talk aboot being mobile. You could call it the iFinder ICE.

~Also the ability to add grids to the map screen would be nice for carving up lakes, especially the ones that Lakemaster hasn't gotten to yet.

I know you guys have to have some ideas, so come on and throw them out here....

Great ideas Bobb-o!

FYI, the Marcums & Humminbirds do have a demo mode built in to all their units. Vexilars have no demo mode that I am aware of.

Lowrance: This is a must - they need to have a rechargeable option so you can get longer battery life and less hassle. It should be like a Cell phone were you can just plug the unit in and charge it. Should be a no brainer since they alread have a 12v plug built in. I am sick of always changing batteries on mine.

Superline: Love your ideas on the superline. Tying line at at night can be brutal cause it is so hard to see. I would also add one that does not ice up like fireline ice does. Pretty much worthless outside. I'll be trying PowerPro ice - maybe that will work better.

Lighter & smaller 12v batteries without sacrificing power capacity: Many of us use multiple of these for flasher, camera, lights, etc. They add a lot of extra weight.

LED lights built into the tube framing of the portable flipover shacks with a compartment to hold the battery(s).

Marcum Flashers

Would like a design where you can hook up a holder for the H2OC so it can be carried with your Marcum.

Clam Flipover shelters

Would like them to make a light weight section behind the seats in the sled for rod holders with the same design that are in the Lund Boats. They are easy to get and they are tangle free.

Manufacturers of sled type portables coming out with grids/modification set ups for each of their portables. It they created molded plastic grids to slide in your sled to hold buckets, flasher, heater, minnow bucket, etc. etc. you wouldn't have to trick yours out and they would be a lot lighter. Someone who comes up with a convinient, auguer mounting kit for a portable for those of us without a wheeler or sled, so we don't have to put the leaking gas, sooted up auger on top of our house/cover.

An ice auger with a mini auger on the side that drills a separate hole for your flasher transducer so fish aren't getting hung up in it.

I like some of the ideas here, some are actually pretty good possibilities, some maybe a bit far fetched.

I really like the idea of a battery pack for an H2O/C. They could make a small lithium-ion pack for them similar to what is used in digital cameras. Then sterling tek could make us a better battery.

I would also like to see some of the improvements and new ideas incorporated into some superlines for ice fishing.

The #2 size Darter would be awesome, you could certainly put some fish on the ice with a small one.

Tackle storage can become and issue, and some improvements could be made there. A box similar to the crappie jig organizer from Falcon, in a smaller pocketable size would be awesome. I have the big crappie jig organizer and the thing I love about it is that the dividers are solid, not adjustable. But it has a ton of different sized compartments. I hate it when jigs, beads, swivels, hooks, and everything else migrates to different compartments.

I have a few other ideas that I would like to see go into production, but a couple of them are a little too lucrative to spew out on a public forum.

molded plastic grids to slide in your sled to hold buckets, flasher, heater, minnow bucket, etc. etc. you wouldn't have to trick yours out and they would be a lot lighter.

Great Idea and I'm very surprised it hasn't been done yet