• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

goldenrod grubs

hulk

Question

6 answers to this question

The biggest problem I have had with that system is about 2/3rds of the gall's I choose don't have a grub in them. I have to bring a whole bag full with me just to get one or two grubs. Must be I don't know how to pick um.

When picking carefully inspect the gall looking for any signs of a hole. If one is present then the grub has burroughed out. I always opened then up and stored them like waxworms. They work well for panfish. When I was a young lad and short on cash I often used these for icefishing. They are small and round and don't hold up as well as the waxworms but thy're free grin.gif.

Good Luck!

Here's what I do and how I use them. First cut all of them and get the worst part done with. Then (I learned this from my dad who was a hardcore sunny fisherman)you store them in the freezer. When you want some you just take out what you figure you will use and BOIL them. At first when you take them out they will look all shriveled up and discolored but trust me they will turn snow white after they are boiled. Now just put them on a paper towel and roll them around lightly to dry them off.This also toughens them up (boiling that is). Now just put them on a hook behind a waxie and its lip rippin time. I have been doing this since I was a youngster and it works excellent! Give it a try!! You will be glad you did!!