• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

waiting for it to melt. ice out, spring, summer, fall soon hard water

robert1965

I love living in Minnesota because of the change/variety of seasons. I also love the variety of fishing season as well - hard water & open water. It's harder to get burned out on either one. Can't really say that one is more of a favorite over the other.

Like many, I like it all, just like to be out fishing. I love fishing opener, love the first time I hit the ice... fall fishing on a beautiful day is hard to beat. Middle of the summer on a warm day with a nice wind dropshotting a rock pile is a ton of fun too...late ice with the sun beating down on you in a t-shirt is a ton of fun as well...

I cant pick a fave.

As Deits said. I just cant choose! I am sad when the ice forms, and stops my open water fishing, but then am glad I can do hard water fishing. Then in the summer, I get sad that I cant be on the ice safely anymore, but then I am happy to get the boat out.

Like everyone else here, I like both. It seems the hard water seasons offers more time for me to get out, so most years I am on the ice more than I am in my boat. However, because the summer is easier and more enjoyable for the kids and my wife, I enjoy summer the most. Nothing like watching my 3 year old swing a sunny over the side of the boat!

I'm partial to open-water because I like warmer weather and I like the flexibility I have when fishing from the boat. However, with all the new ice equipment making winter fishing more comfortable I spend quite a bit of time on the ice.

I like to fish, and for me, fishing is now a year round activity.