• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

TWINS-SOX SERIES THREAD!

hamrej23

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heard this on the radio earlier;

10 times in the history of MLB has a team had the chance of beating 3 different teams in a row. (ex. White sox beating Clev, DEt and now maybe the Twins)

It's never happened. 0-10

The Twins will need everything they got,, and maybe a bouce or two.

I pray the Twins play the field like the can, and that the SOx throw a few in the dugout.

Windy said he was coming to the Twins - White Sox series and was going to be flashing around $100 bills... Hopefully, he didn't get rolled coming out of the dome. That or else he might have liked our fine state and decided not to go back to the Windy City.

i hope the white sox are ready to play there best ball because i think the twins are going to give everything they got and with are speed on the base we have a better chance with the win.

no metter what happens it will a good game both are good teams and hope make some good calls. GO TWINS. we sweep them once what is one more game.

HERE COMES WINDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess the coin flip paid off!

A great season by a Twins team that was not expected to contend. Two 22-year old outfielders, and one of the youngest starting rotations in baseball. Like I've said before, a team built for the new-stadium season of 2010.

The fact that they were in contention down to the end bodes well for the future. And being in contention...including the playoff game...will also prove a valuable part of the learning curve. Now they know of the danger of a let down after a big series (Kansas City after they swept the Sox) and how important each game can be.

Congrats to the Sox. They earned it. The Twins should watch the Sox celbrate...and remember it.

I am of the opinion that the future is very, very bright for the Twins. They are just not quite there yet.

Yup. Different game at the dome. A.J. was right about that concrete in front of home plate. Anybody notice how the dirt infield was nice and combed up and watered down? One home run too many. If they kept the HRs at 0, they win the game.

But what were they playing for, other than a division banner? Not much as you gotta think they will get bounced. I know Tampa is young, but they have some veterans and loads of talent.

Nice job by the Sox, gotta give them credit. They had to win 3 straight and they did it.

I hate when people treat second, third, fourth, fifth place like its some sort of accomplishment. "Oh, we did better then expected" or "oh, this team is young" or "oh, we still played good" or "They made us proud frown ". This isnt little league. Either you WIN THE WHOLE THING or you arent sheeat. This team CHOKED and they suck. If they cant even win the division the they can save their "pats on the back" for next year.....when I EXPECT them to win the world series.

What a great ball game!!! How can you not love an old fashion pitchers dual? I give my hats off to the Twins for a great year and battling all the way. The probably have the best manager in baseball. One question though, why the h. e. double hockey sticks is Mauer bunting in that situation? He is leading the league in hitting and he tries to bunt, does not make sense to me (unless he is self-fish and doesn't want to take the hood). Any way great game and GO SOX!!!!!!!!

HERE COMES WINDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess the coin flip paid off!

He maybe lit up by now and cant type... grin

Mauer Struck out as was not seeing the ball well I guess, so he tried bunt his way on. No one told him to do it, but sometimes it can help a player who is having issues in any given game.

Sometimes that can jump start a team and fluster the pitcher a bit. He just didn't get it far enough down the line.

GO TAMPA.

G.C.