• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

TWINS-SOX SERIES THREAD!

hamrej23

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think they should have ither. The guy has been on fire as of late. Let the guy keep swinging. Its not the time of the year to bring someone and put him back into the line up after he has been out for sooooooo long.

The thing is that Kubel is getting better as a hitter so you cant always go by his numbers vs a certain pitcher. The more atbats he gets against lefties the better he'll get. Cuddy just looks lost at the plate.

Have some fun! Go onto the online Chicago Tribune sports section and find the Twins/Sox story from last night. At the bottom of the article you can add comments and you don't have to register. (I just posted there at about #195). Boy are the Sox fans touchy today! It's fun to stick the knife in and twist it.

Great Game!! Great series! No matter what happens from here, these kids should be fun to watch for the next few years.

As far as Cuddy for Kubel. Looking back, Cuddy has come through in some huge spots at crunch time in the past. I have no problem with it, because for every good at bat Kubel has, he has others where he looks completely overmatched. We are gonna need Cuddy to contribute this weekend!

As Pink Floyd sang "Is there anybody out there".... thats a closed circuit to Commanche and his brotha from another mother Windy.... So really, whats going through your minds guys? You handing out props to the Twins yet? or are you guys maybe just saying it was luck??? probably just luck on the Twins part huh? yeah, thats what I'm guessing you'll say. Anyways, atleast you have a classy manager in Ozzie... I'm sure the players love playing for him!

I have a feeling Windy had his PC melt down again, got busy at work or maybe he was shaving his beard and getting his hair dyed so he can go up to Cass without having to face the music from the Twinkie fans up there. Things like that seem to always come up when the Sox or Bears go bad. Hopefully a couple more wins, we can get playoff bound and we can sing that other Pink Floyd song for Windy and Commanche....You know the one with the verse that had something about "two lost souls"....and "year after year" and finished up with "wish you were here".

I agree with ya coach. We are going to need Cuddy's bat and possibly his arm. Wow ease up on the guy. With all he has gone through this year, it is amazing he is back at all.

Granted he doesn't look good now, but a few more at bats, he will come around.

If your going to jump on someone, Justin hasn't exactly been stinging the ball in this series.

1 nice thing is Windy has been here b-4 and should be used to it.

G.C.

Originally Posted By: 4wanderingeyes
I think Windy has just realized that the wind isnt the only thing that blows in Chicago grin

Classic!!!

Frankly I'm quite disturbed he hasn't chimed in yet.

I wonder what his excuse will be?

He'll probably brag that while we were inside watching baseball, he was at a Barry Manilow concert or something.

Oh my gawd...what a great series to not be a WSox fan.

Windy is probably at his daughter's wedding (does he have another daughter?) or on his annual trip to Cass (does he go twice a yr?) or ....... Naw, he's in hiding, or probably at the doctor getting his chewed off fingernails sewn back on.

Hey Mud,

that free-fall you were waiting for on the NSide finally materialized....but on the SSide.

Another post from the Chicago dude on his White Sox blog:

Of course the Sox wear black. It's their funeral.

It's Friday, and I have all the answers ...

Told ya the White Sox should've forfeited Thursday night's game.

Told ya they should've left Minnesota on Wednesday night and given the Twins the game on Thursday night.

No, wait, they did give the Twins the game Thursday night. It took a while. It took the Sox choking a 6-1 lead. But dadgummit, they did give the Twins the game.

Gave them the sweep. Gave them sole possession of first place in the AL Central. Gave them their lunch money, for all I know.

The sweep was complete and utter. It was a softball team against a baseball team. (Tip to Sox braintrust: Baseball teams win baseball games.) On a night when the Twins looked like, well, like the Sox at the plate and in the field early on, on a night when the Twins seemingly combined pity and pitiable, the Sox ultimately became pitiful.

This was worse than getting routed in the opener, looking like they had never seen that round thing that we call a baseball in my country. This was worse than the second game, where they sent Nick Blackburn to the Hall of Fame. This was about the worst way to end the most important series of the year, from a gagging offense to a failing Bobby Jenks.

Now the chalk outlines come home to salvage a season that had hope, to salvage whatever dignity they have, to salvage whatever last vestiges of character are buried in those uniforms. Fresh corpses wear black.

The Sox are saying what they have to say. The Sox are bringing the big talk. The Sox say they are still in.

Yeah, they are in it the same way that Sonny Corleone was still in his car at the tollbooth.

The Sox face the Indians in the final series this weekend at The Cell. Yes, there's a potential makeup game against Detroit on Monday and potential tiebreaker against the same dreaded Twins on Tuesday.

Make your plans for that if you want, but me, I'm not expecting my Rosh Hashanah to be disturbed. L’Shana Tovah, Sox.

The Indians are 7-3 in their last 10 games and above .500 in their last 30.

The Sox are 3-7 in their last 10 -- nice trip, guys, thanks for playing, you are about to your parting gift -- and are below .500 in their last 30.

Oh, and the Indians will throw gimme Cy Young Award winner Cliff Lee on Sunday.

You listen to Hawk Harrelson and you hear him rail about how baseball needs to get better umpires for a big series like the one in Minnesota. Yeah. Well. Probably.

Me, I want someone in the starting lineup who doesnit require a defibrillator in September.

Tell you what, the Sox don't deserve to win anything at this point.

Tell you something else: There's an upside to all this. You know me, I'm a pleaser, not a teaser. So, of course I've got a positive spin on this ongoing baseball colonoscopy:

The Sox's death spiral out of a playoff spot saves us the civic anger and national humiliation of their wetting their pants in Tampa or Anaheim for three days in October.

Drive home safely, and please remember to tip your wait staff.

The final-weekend schedule—Twins at home against Kansas City, White Sox at home against Cleveland—is advantage, Minnesota. While the Royals have won 11 of 13, the Indians are a tougher opponent. They have gone 42-26 since July 10, by far the best record in the Central in that stretch.

Cleveland is set to start 22-game winner Cliff Lee on Sunday. The Twins catch only one of the Royals' top two starters.