Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
titelines

Red Dot / Moose Walk Trails

8 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Weather permitting, I'm hoping to get a few hours of trail riding in this weekend. Does anyone know if any of the Red Dot or Moose Walk/Run trails are closed for archery season, weather or any other reason?

I've checked several places including the DNR and it doesn't look like any of the trails or Finland State Forest are closed, but I just wanted to check and see if this great group had any info to the contrary.

Thanks!

Thanks. Hoping for some decent weather to enjoy lunch on the trail and the sights.

Thanks again!

Trails are open till November up there.

It will be more than a few hours riding also, unless you go out and come back the same trail before getting anywhere. Great trails, beautiful country, and the weather sounds like it will be good for you. If it rains though, be prepared. The trails are all clay and it gets slippery. The trails don't rut or anything, but the water sits on the trail for quite a while.

Just got back today from Beaver Bay. The colors are really popping up there now, nobody was on the trails on Friday but ran into quite a few on Saturday.

Just a follow up -

We had a great ride this past weekend. It was just a day ride, but we did the entire Red Dot system and had a great time. We had a lot of rain Friday night, so there was no dust, and plenty of mud. Brought the grill/cooler and had lunch on the trail. The colors are beautiful - Great time to go up if you can. Not too busy - We saw maybe 5 other groups the whole time we were out.

Got up to Beaver Bay and realized we forgot the camera, otherwise I'd post some pics. Next time.