• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1st Musky!

nater

All the work that I put into catching my first musky paid off last night. I caught this 43" chunker with a DB10 cowgirl. I had put in many hours on the water over the last three months and nothing could have prepared me for the boatside hit on a 8 in the dark. I didn't see her come in but felt the hit, set the hook, and the fight was on!

Musky43X18hold3-smaller.jpg

the release...

Musky43X18release3-smaller.jpg

nater - you've been fishing well and fishing hard on a tough lake during a tough season trying to get your first. would have been easy to quit last night when we wanted to but i'm glad we decided to stick it out one more spot.

gotta respect a musky virgin that consistently does good figure 8s after dark after each cast - if you wouldn't have been focused and fishing well you'd have never known she was down there. i honestly thought you were going to go overboard there when she first hit, that was a strong, solid fish and she was ready to rumble. you got your chance, you put her in the net. IT DOES NOT GET ANY BETTER - you earned it, enjoy

Congrats to you as well! They are definitely getting more active lately. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season and what fall has in store for us fisherman.

I posted my pictures on the Photobucket HSOforum and then you copy in the link it creates on the site. It's free to sign up. I'd like to see it.