• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LOWRANCE LMS-334C HELP!!

George

Question

Need some help. Having problems with my locator. When I turn on the unit and my mmc chip is in it it locks up. I need to disc power cable, remove chip, connect cable, turn unit on, and then install chip after unit is on. Doesn't make sence. Talked to Lowrance and shipped the old unit in and they sent me a new one. Still does the same thing. Called the chip company and they say that it is the unit not the chip. Anybody else have this problem and what did you do? Also, this is all of a sudden. Had the original locator and chip for 2 summers. Also the chip works fine in my H2O.

Thanks for any help

1 answer to this question

George, I feel your pain. I have not had this particular problem, but I think we who own this model have a lemon. Mine is erratic at locking onto sat's. I have to do soft resets all the time. When I hit the menu button a second time for the next page of options it won't happen. My only option is the soft reset that seems to void most of my waypoints. I hope mine is stolen, struck by lightning, falls into quicksand, etc. so I can justify a new one pretty soon. Good Luck! In no way is your problem with the chip. Sam